This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a new monitor

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a new monitor
2 years ago#1
So I'm looking for a new 23-24 inch monitor. To my surprise, I can't seem to find a good community of monitor reviews/support anywhere. The site prad.de is pretty good, but there's isn't a big variety of newer monitors. Does anyone know of a good monitor savvy forum/community? Or if you have a recommendation, here are my needs:

I was going to get one of the Dell ultrasharps(old model), but the lack of HDMI really killed the deal. I definitely need something with HDMI, the more inputs, the better. It's going to be used mostly for web browsing and some light console gaming. I don't mind too much about ghosting, if it's better than my 6 year old 23' 720p tv that I'm using as a monitor, I'm happy. That being said, I do want something quality, since I'll be using it for just about everything for 4+ hours a day. Last, my budget is around $150-250. I might go a bit higher, but only if it's really worth it.
---
http://imgur.com/TiWl24Y
2 years ago#2
Ask on Hard(forum)'s display forum. It's probably the best in general. As for monitors, maybe you should take a look at the ASUS MX239h and the PB238q
---
The Panzer Squid is the ultimate hunter, blending into any environment until it has the opportunity to shove a rocket up urbum
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a new monitor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived