This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is going on?

#1Rob_Van_Dam93Posted 8/24/2013 11:28:20 AM
lately for some reason every time I try and put my computer to sleep mode a blue screen pops like a giant error screen or something , and at the bottom it says "dumping physical memory" and then after that my computer just restarts and doesn't even go to sleep?
I did a virus scan but it isn't picking up anything, anyone know whats going on??

Also my computer is very slow on startup it takes a while for it to finally get ready for use after I barely turn it on, any idea what is causing this??
---
PSN:SS5DEJAN
#2fataliPosted 8/24/2013 11:32:39 AM
That giant blue error screen has the error code that tells you what is wrong.
---
Mystery is the source of all true science.
#3Panzer_SquidPosted 8/24/2013 11:33:10 AM
Sounds like the BSOD

Have you changed anything on your PC recently? Any drivers or hardware? If not, you probably have some defective hardware. The RAM tends to be a common culprit. Anyway, need more info. Isn't there a more detailed error report you can give us?
---
The Panzer Squid is the ultimate hunter, blending into any environment until it has the opportunity to shove a rocket up urbum
#4Rob_Van_Dam93(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 11:53:10 AM
ya im trying to get it to pop up but now it does not want to, this usually happens at night . Could it be some sort of over heating problem maybe??

If i can get it to pop up again I will give more details
---
#5Panzer_SquidPosted 8/24/2013 11:54:52 AM(edited)
Look up memtest86+ and read up on how to use it. Also, is your CPU overclocked? If it is, that may also be a possible problem. Unstable overclocks can cause BSOD
---
The Panzer Squid is the ultimate hunter, blending into any environment until it has the opportunity to shove a rocket up urbum
#6Rob_Van_Dam93(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 11:54:22 AM
Panzer_Squid posted...
Sounds like the BSOD

Have you changed anything on your PC recently? Any drivers or hardware? If not, you probably have some defective hardware. The RAM tends to be a common culprit. Anyway, need more info. Isn't there a more detailed error report you can give us?

Hardware no. Drivers I really don't recall, it just kind of randomly started doing it ??
---