This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else dislike competitive games?

#1bikeblasterPosted 8/24/2013 12:56:45 PM
I just ragequitted in a CS GO competitive match, and uninstalled it. I'm not a bad player, my rank is Distinguished Master Guardian, and I only have 45 hours in the game. Had some bad games of course.

This has happened to every competitive game I play. COH, LoL, SC2. They get stressful, which causes me to be pissed, then causes me to be tired. They get addicting too, "maybe i'll play another" and I end up playing 4 more in the end, and then takes up so much of my time. Worst part is they get so competitive where I'm actually playing only to win for my rank and get more skilled rather than have fun. Some long matches also requires a s***bucket and a pee bottle, I hate that. When I do win, yeah it feels satisfying and somewhat fun.

Now that CS GO is uninstalled, I currently play no competitive games, frees up my time, and I can play more relaxing games instead.
---
2500k @4.2 GHz | Z68X-UD3P | Hyper 212+ | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 | Samsung Spinpoint 1 TB+WD 320 | Win 7 64-bit | Corsair 750HX| CM 690 II Adv
#2lionheart5656Posted 8/24/2013 1:27:41 PM
Can you describe to me what a girl looks like?

I've never seen one so I don't know.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#3Maiken100Posted 8/24/2013 1:34:33 PM
Well I enjoy fighting games like SSF:AE and the matches are shorter so an hour is enough to feel satisfied. I don't really get annoyed but some ppl do which in natural in a competitive environment.
#4JKatarnPosted 8/24/2013 1:36:04 PM
If you're seriously contemplating defecating into a bucket or urinating into a bottle rather than stopping playing, you maaay just have a problem.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#5datopgamerPosted 8/24/2013 1:36:18 PM
I prefer a challenge so I do like competitive games. With that being said I don't put all my time into a game anymore, I really don't have the time for that like I did 10 years ago. I look at it like no matter how bad I'm losing it's still a chance to get better at the game.
---
I5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, ASUS 24" monitor, 2x 23" Acer Monitors
#6GhennkinsPosted 8/24/2013 1:39:26 PM
... sorta. I quit WoW for the same reason you quit whatever it is you're talking about. I used to have fun doing the pvp. In fact, it's all I did. After a while, the fun wore off and I was just doing it because my competitive nature had taken over. The rage and frustration random people can cause you is outstanding. The things they would say still blow my mind to this day. Anyone that's experienced wow pvp knows what I'm talking about. That alone had lowered my opinion of the human race quite a bit.

So I avoid anything similar. I've never played Team Fortress 2 because of WoW for example. I'd rather play lighthearted competitive games that reward the experience with fun then with something else like gear if you grind for 2 months. Like Bomberman or something.
#7bikeblaster(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 2:03:30 PM
JKatarn posted...
If you're seriously contemplating defecating into a bucket or urinating into a bottle rather than stopping playing, you maaay just have a problem.

It was just another way of saying you can't leave a game or go afk when it has started even if it's going to take over an hour. I mean you could but it's gonna cost you.
---
2500k @4.2 GHz | Z68X-UD3P | Hyper 212+ | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 | Samsung Spinpoint 1 TB+WD 320 | Win 7 64-bit | Corsair 750HX| CM 690 II Adv
#8MagnemightPosted 8/24/2013 2:06:49 PM
I've found that I very much dislike competitive games in general, but love the heck out of Team Fortress 2. Probably because most servers have much less pressure on you to perform well, though I do usually end up in the upper-half of the point scores. It's particularly great if you find a server that has silly people with mics; it ends up being a game of socializing while you shoot things.

I've also found that one tends to feel better after playing single-player games, though, if that makes any sense.
---
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against a Shy Guy onslaught!
Download the demo (offsite topic): http://forums.mfgg.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14596
#9NicodimusPosted 8/24/2013 2:08:01 PM
I don't like multiplayer in general. I play games to get away from people, not deal with more of their B.S.
---
My movie and gaming room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU
#10Fossil(Moderator)Posted 8/24/2013 2:10:40 PM
Personally I have never liked competitive/PvP games. Halo on the old Xbox and World of Tanks is honestly the extent of my PvP. I play EVE, but not for the PvP. Though I do plan to get into the low/null sec areas more soon, but it would be more of a co-op venture with corp mates than simply seeking out players to gank.
---
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1096/austinx.png