This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Strange issue with Steam and games

#1hippybutterflyPosted 8/24/2013 5:55:23 PM
I have 2 accounts on my computer, one for me and one for my husband so we can use different settings. I have a couple games I downloaded from Steam and I played them fine on my account until a couple days ago. I haven't changed anything on the system, but now whenever I try to load one of my Steam games, or Steam itself, it only opens on my husbands account, regardless of which account I launch them from. We both have administrator rights. I have tried changing ownership of both Steam and the games to my account, but that didn't help at all. I know my husband hasn't changed anything either, all he does is surf the internet. He wouldn't even know how to change any settings. Does anyone know what may have happened and how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance for any help.
#2Knight2520Posted 8/24/2013 8:28:03 PM
Is your husband's Windows user account logged in when you're trying to launch the Steam game from your Windows user account? Is he signed into Steam on his account while you're signed into your Steam account on yours?
---
I have very little time for the Internet now and I'm not even a millionaire yet. - Krycek18
#3hippybutterfly(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 9:51:52 PM
His windows account is logged in, but he is not signed in to Steam on his account. He doesn't even have a Steam account of his own, it's just the one Steam account on the computer, which I registered on my account. Actually, I registered it on our old computer, but I've only ever logged onto it on my account on this computer.