This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I get recommendation for a good tablet?

#1m_x360Posted 8/24/2013 6:09:07 PM
I'm looking for a tablet that's not to high in price or low, somewhere from 300 to 400 I guess. I'm mostly going to use it for browsing, reading novels or cbr comic/manga files and some downloading so I hope it does not crash on me when I play my HD video files (but that last part is not necessary since I can leave that to my laptop to handle the heavy duty)

iPad tablets won't do good for me since like I said I will read or play files that won't work on them like cbr, mkv or such. So please suggest for me a windows tablet that you think is decent to buy. Thank you for you time.

P.S. I'm thinking maybe the Microsoft surface RT with 32gb memory? Or Samsung tablet?
---
Always be hopeful and have faith despite everything, no matter what.
#2m_x360(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 6:53:46 PM
On 2nd thought, scratch the Surface RR. I just saw a video review of it and it seems you can't add programs you want if I got it right. It start at 6:41:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmxqm8Qii-E

So, any other suggestion? Basically I just want to do the things that I usually do in my windows 7/8 laptop but in a tablet without of course the heavy downloading and such since it'll surly will crash my tablet.
---
#3wizardmonPosted 8/24/2013 6:57:59 PM
The new Nexus 7?
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#4m_x360(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 7:02:58 PM
It's a 7 inch screen right? That's a bit too small for me.
---
#5bluemooglePosted 8/24/2013 7:37:19 PM
Check out the Galaxy Note 8.0 (8"). I think the smaller tablets are a little more comfortable for reading comics, books, internet, etc. 8" is a good compromise between 7" and 10". You can see them in person at Best Buy, and compare the screen to the larger tablets.
---
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
#6blax34dmPosted 8/24/2013 8:31:05 PM
Nexus 7 or nexus 10 are best androids IMO, don't know much about windows tablets
#7Master_BassPosted 8/24/2013 8:46:45 PM(edited)
I'd go with the Nexus 10. There's supposed to be a new version of it out sometime soon.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#8sauruschamp1Posted 8/24/2013 9:39:56 PM
dont go with the microsoft tablets. the rt does not let you use full programs like normal windows (like you pointed out) and the parts are also pretty week so it ends up being pretty laggy etc. The pro is just way too expensive for what you get. I would second the google nexus tablets as the other brands of android tablets can often be slower to get the latest update (ie jelly-bean or ice-cream sandwich) compared to the google tablets.
---
Xbox GT: Zarosian SteamID: Zarosio 3DS ID: 1848-2118-1570
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde
#9m_x360(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 10:26:56 AM
Yeah the Windows surface tablets sadly sucks either with the capability or the price even thou they really seemed to be the perfect choice for me since I want windows OS tablet.

Well, does the Google nexus tablets play many types of files just like windows? Can it at least play a cbr/cbz files? So I can read comics or manga? Because I've started hating reading them in my laptop it's a bit of a pain and not as comfortable as with a tablet. Thanks.
---
#10sauruschamp1Posted 8/26/2013 6:30:36 AM(edited)
a tablet can essentially read almost any file type you just need to find an app that works with it.

EDIT: typo
---
Xbox GT: Zarosian 3DS ID: 1848-2118-1570
Origin and SteamID: Zarosio