This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I play Skyrim again? Haven't played in 1 1/2 yrs and got no DLC or mods

#11Oakland510_(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 9:28:31 PM
Wait nvm I don't remember but I think I downloaded a couple mods. How do I find out if I did or not? Also should I download official HD texture pack or from mods?
#12TimePharaohPosted 8/24/2013 9:31:00 PM
Try not playing the non-terrible version of it called Morrowind
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#13SlashmanSGPosted 8/24/2013 9:47:16 PM
Oakland510_ posted...
I guess I wanted to try out different classes as well as having a "perfect" game and I screwed up a good amount of times.

No such thing as classes in Skyrim, and no such thing as a "perfect" game.
---
Fight Science with Wood
http://gifs.gifbin.com/072010/1280303569_walmart-moonwalk.gif http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8299/0341551001256026444.gif
#14TrelgaPosted 8/24/2013 10:46:50 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
Try not playing the non-terrible version of it called Morrowind

If the OP can't keep a single game on Skyrim going for wanting to change his character he has no hope for it in Morrowind. Where your decisions actually mean something.
---
i5-2500k @ 4.5Ghz | H100 | Z77 Sabertooth | GTX 670 AMP! | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | 4GB Storage | HX650 | 650D
#15HighpitchsoloPosted 8/24/2013 10:50:08 PM
classes don't matter at all in skyrim. you can be a vampire mage Nord or a heavy armor two-handed weapon wood elf if you want and be just as good at it as any other race.. nothing matters.
---
Stop taking exactly what I'm saying and repeating it as if its exactly what I said because it is. -Cryptospuridium
#16spud_almightyPosted 8/24/2013 11:44:21 PM
Do people not make their own minds up any more?
#17_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 8/25/2013 1:13:20 AM(edited)
Oakland510_ posted...
cody4783 posted...
I question why you would keep restarting it. o.O
Kind of sounds like the fast route to getting bored with any game...Much less one that starts quite as slow as Skyrim.

I guess I wanted to try out different classes as well as having a "perfect" game and I screwed up a good amount of times.

I think there are a lot of games that are better when you let go of this idea of wanting to play a "perfect game", not missing anything, and building the perfect character. I used to be like that , but a game like Skyrim is actually much more enjoyable if you just play it. My suggestion is to not even go online to check out where to find optimal items or how to craft them and what not. You will just end up bored, overpowered, stressed (from trying not to miss out on anything) and the sense of adventure and exploration quickly fades once you go and check online guides.

This is not an online competitive game anyway, I am not sure why people seem to be so obsessed with making the most effective character. Imo, just go for something you enjoy. I made the mistake of going for a known overpowered build, and the constant instant headshot 1-hit kill playstyle that I had to endure the rest of the game did not really make it enjoyable. I would have been better off using much less powerful, but much more fun magic for example.
---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#18Oakland510_(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 1:14:21 AM
I guess I'll just wait for the DLC sales before I fully invest time in this game again. Also can you dudes answer my other questions?
#19overkillwfo1978Posted 8/25/2013 3:59:54 AM
Skyrim with mods is awesome. So much better than the base game. I've got about 20-ish running right now and the visuals and sounds are so immersive. I don't want to sound shallow, but Morrowind just doesn't cut it anymore for me. It was great when it was released but it has aged a lot as all games do.

It's funny, I can play all the old school 2D games (NES,SNES ect.) with no problem, but with 3D rpgs, I want modern visual/audio immersion. Sure, a lot of things were better with Morrowind, but overall it's showing too much age, even with mods, for me to give another serious run through of it. Hopefully the next game will incorporate some of Morrowind's best features (hand placed loot, less hand holding ect.) with the next game.

I know, I know... casual. peasant ect. Guilty as charged. Don't care. I've been gaming for almost 30 years now... labels don't really bother me.
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#20overkillwfo1978Posted 8/25/2013 4:18:07 AM
Oakland510_ posted...
Since it's been a long time how can I tell if I downloaded the official hd texture pack? I think I remember I downloaded it but it says I don't. I think I downloaded a mod or two, how do I find if I did or not?

Do you have Nexus? Are you running off of Steam? If you answered yes to both of those questions, start up Nexus and run the game. It should detect everything you have downloaded and update the ones you have as needed. If you don't have Nexus/Steam for Skyrim, I have no idea..
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam