This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mass Effect Trilogy on sale on *shudders* Origin. What extras do I need to buy?

#1DEMONPANDA212Posted 8/25/2013 4:08:44 AM
I've owned ME 1 for years but never played it, because of how much of a nightmare Dragon Age was to set up with DLC and I'd heard ME2 was even worse and ME3 was just coming out

So I knew when they announced the bundle, I'd wait for a sale and buy it. But I've heard that DLC packs are missing from the Trilogy, more is missing on consoles, but there's still some M.I.A on P.C.

Searching on Origin, only the new end (Final Hours) and Pinnacle seem to appear, but it says Pinnacle is included with the bundle.

So what extras do I need to buy and where do I buy them from?

Thank you for any help anyone can give me.
---
3DS (XL) 4854-6425-2855
3DS (Zelda) 2320-6650-1378
#2overkillwfo1978Posted 8/25/2013 4:48:43 AM
tbqh, almost all ME DLC is completely skippable. Other than the alternate endings, which is a free download. You can skip them all. Some decent ones are Leviathan, The Citadel for ME3 and Lair of the Shadow Broker for ME1 but none of them are necessary. Most of them feel like cheap, tacked on missions that don't affect anything.
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#3Dark_SpiretPosted 8/25/2013 4:57:34 AM
all of the ME1 dlc you can skip if you want. Leviathan and Citadel are decent for 3 with Omega being worthless. ME2 how ever i thought had a lot of good ones. Lair of the Shadow Broker and Project overlord are quite good and i personally liked Stolen Memory which had a unique mission, weapon and character to try, but it is short for the money you spend on it. Arrival is good for the last 5min, but its pretty dull up to that.
---
Currently playing: Saints Row 4 - Spelunky - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
#4r7gerrabbitPosted 8/25/2013 5:02:11 AM
Definitely Lair of the Shadow Broker for ME2.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif
#5DragonRaizenPosted 8/25/2013 5:13:06 AM
Citadel and Shadow Broker are the immediate buys.
Overlord is nice, echoes ever so slightly into ME3, but from a story perspective can be otherwise skipped.
Kasumi was great, but short. A single mission and a nice SMG. She's a likeable character, but considering the price, you might want to spend on something with more content.
Leviathan I have no idea, but from what I've heard it's a solid piece of lore that greatly enhances 3's ending.
Arrival is not amazing by any means, but it does provide the bridge between 2 and 3. I like it simply because it's a solo mission, so it feels nice to show how much of a badass Shepard is. There's some truly great moments in that one, but altogether it's a weaker piece, gameplay-wise, than Overlord, even if it's more crucial to the story.
---
-FREEZE!
-I'm a robot, not your refrigerator.
Marvin
#6TowerBooks3192Posted 8/25/2013 5:40:02 AM(edited)
Was that a DLC where someone's brother became a machine or was tortured or something in ME2 (I could remember one guy being connected to a machine and reciting numbers or something)?I only remember it from the ps3 version and I am considering getting the trilogy from *shudders* origin.

Edit: Trilogy does not contain any DLCs? Are they Origin ones stable though and DLCs easily available? ME1 from steam does not run on my PC and I don't know why.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#7no1oblivionfanPosted 8/25/2013 6:01:49 AM
The Citadel for ME3 and Lair of the Shadow Broker for ME2.

None for ME1 as they are all terrible.
---
Steam: An_Orang3e
GT: DanDan4000
#8SlashmanSGPosted 8/25/2013 6:09:52 AM
no1oblivionfan posted...
None for ME1 as they are all terrible.

There's 2 for ME1, and one of them is free.
---
Fight Science with Wood
http://gifs.gifbin.com/072010/1280303569_walmart-moonwalk.gif http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8299/0341551001256026444.gif
#9AsucaHayashiPosted 8/25/2013 6:47:57 AM
wow.

this is the first example i've come across where i wouldn't feel like i was getting ripped off from an origin sale due to regional pricing.

ME3 comes out to a little less than 6 which is a damn good price for it... of course, the pricing on the other offers are completely screwed up.

the trilogy is 27, the digital deluxe edition of 3 is 20 while the upgrade to deluxe is 10 by itself.

just wat... so yeah, still not going to buy anything but that ME3 sure does look tempting as a gift.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#10PhilOnDezPosted 8/25/2013 6:54:23 AM
From Ashes is a good DLC for 3, Javik is an awesome character. I think it's $10, but if you buy the digital deluxe upgrade ($5 right now) I'm pretty sure it's included in that. Double check before wasting the money though.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez