This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mass Effect Trilogy on sale on *shudders* Origin. What extras do I need to buy?

#11sauruschamp1Posted 8/25/2013 6:39:53 AM
yer I second from ashes as javik is by far the best team memeber in me3 and feel it is a real shame it was separated as some people are really missing out on him. Citadel and leviathen are also good. ME1 dlc was pretty meh and for me2 shadow broker is good. I personally bought every dlc (except the multi-player micro-transaction type stuff) and felt that it was all worth it apart from me3s omega which was a chore to go through even if you do see **SPOILERS** your first female turian **SPOILERS**. Mind you I loved the whole series so a bit extra for each was just what I wanted.
---
Xbox GT: Zarosian SteamID: Zarosio 3DS ID: 1848-2118-1570
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde
#12Nineteen99Posted 8/25/2013 7:12:59 AM
I'm a huge Mass Effect fan, and I say buy all the story-related DLC. That's the short version. If you want the long version, here are some short reviews of all the DLC. Enjoy.

ME1
Pinnacle Station: Pretty worthless. Only get if you want a complete game. No effect on later games.
Bring Down the Sky: I think this comes free with ME1. It's a decent story, and has impact on ME3.

ME2
Genesis: Don't get it.
Alternate Appearance Packs: Just as it says. Alternate appearances for squadmembers. No story impact at all.
Firepower, Aegis, Equalizer: The only one of these I like is Aegis. Just extra equipment. No story impact.
Blood Dragon Armor, Firewalker, Arc Projector, Cerberus Equipment, Normandy Crash Site: All free. Might as well install them.
Kasumi: MUST buy. Extra squadmember, extra missions, extra equipment, and impact on ME3.
Overlord: VERY fun DLC, has impact on ME3. Not totally essential, but worth the buy.
Lair of the Shadow Broker: Considered to be the best ME DLC next to Citadel. Must buy.
Arrival: A bit lackluster, but the effect it has on the story is noticeable. I say get it.

ME3
Don't get Genesis 2, and the multiplayer DLC is free. Moving on...
Extended Cut: Free. Get it. Seriously. First thing you should download when you get ME3.
From Ashes: Great new squadmember. It was originally supposed to be a part of the story, so it's pretty fleshed out.
Leviathan: Explores the origins of the Reapers. Again, it's a well-done DLC, and pretty fun.
Omega: Very much a side mission. It's fun, but it feels out of place with the rest of the story. One of the last DLCs you should buy if you're short on cash.
Citadel: Like I said before, this is considered to be the best ME DLC alongside Shadow Broker. Get it. Nao.

And there you go!
---
"Words cannot describe how screwed I am..."-Phoenix Wright
Currently Playing: Bastion, Torchlight 2
#13Nineteen99Posted 8/25/2013 7:19:37 AM
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
and where do I buy them from?

Ah, missed this. Okay, here we go.

For ME1, you did find Pinnacle Station. So there's that. For Bring Down the Sky, it's free, but you have to do a bit of Googling to find it. It's relatively simple to install.

ME2 DLC is *slightly* more complicated. What you have to do is buy ME2. Then you have to buy the DLC through social.bioware.com. At the top, go to Games>Mass Effect 2>Official DLC. That's where you buy them.

To install the DLC for ME2, on the left side of the screen, go to My Games>Your Registered Game Content. Scroll down until you get to the ME2 stuff, and download the installers. Then run the installers. And voila! Note there will be some issues with Origin giving error messages, but the game itself runs just fine.

For ME3, buy and install the game. Then in the Origin client, mouse over ME3 and click the little "i". That will give you the list of DLC to buy and install. Pretty simple.
---
"Words cannot describe how screwed I am..."-Phoenix Wright
Currently Playing: Bastion, Torchlight 2
#14TowerBooks3192Posted 8/26/2013 2:32:00 AM(edited)
Edit: post error resulting in double post
#15TowerBooks3192Posted 8/26/2013 2:31:15 AM
Nineteen99 posted...
I'm a huge Mass Effect fan, and I say buy all the story-related DLC. That's the short version. If you want the long version, here are some short reviews of all the DLC. Enjoy.

ME1
Pinnacle Station: Pretty worthless. Only get if you want a complete game. No effect on later games.
Bring Down the Sky: I think this comes free with ME1. It's a decent story, and has impact on ME3.

ME2
Genesis: Don't get it.
Alternate Appearance Packs: Just as it says. Alternate appearances for squadmembers. No story impact at all.
Firepower, Aegis, Equalizer: The only one of these I like is Aegis. Just extra equipment. No story impact.
Blood Dragon Armor, Firewalker, Arc Projector, Cerberus Equipment, Normandy Crash Site: All free. Might as well install them.
Kasumi: MUST buy. Extra squadmember, extra missions, extra equipment, and impact on ME3.
Overlord: VERY fun DLC, has impact on ME3. Not totally essential, but worth the buy.
Lair of the Shadow Broker: Considered to be the best ME DLC next to Citadel. Must buy.
Arrival: A bit lackluster, but the effect it has on the story is noticeable. I say get it.

ME3
Don't get Genesis 2, and the multiplayer DLC is free. Moving on...
Extended Cut: Free. Get it. Seriously. First thing you should download when you get ME3.
From Ashes: Great new squadmember. It was originally supposed to be a part of the story, so it's pretty fleshed out.
Leviathan: Explores the origins of the Reapers. Again, it's a well-done DLC, and pretty fun.
Omega: Very much a side mission. It's fun, but it feels out of place with the rest of the story. One of the last DLCs you should buy if you're short on cash.
Citadel: Like I said before, this is considered to be the best ME DLC alongside Shadow Broker. Get it. Nao.

And there you go!

How much would these story based and character ones cost all in all?
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower