This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Specs of your first PC?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Specs of your first PC?

User Info: overkillwfo1978

overkillwfo1978
3 years ago#51
My PC from 1999 was a gateway with

500mhz cpu
128mb RAM
20 gig HD

It was "upper tier" in '99 and cost about $1500. That was the first one I actually owned.

At school, I first gamed on an Apple II in the mid 80s and then got on line with Prodigy Internet in the very early 90s at a friends house. We were absolutely addicted to that pre-internet service...
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam

User Info: maxfreak

maxfreak
3 years ago#52
Compaq Presario
Celeron 500 mhz Processor
64mb Ram
20gb HD
4mb Intel i810 integrated graphics.

Awww yea she was a beast back then 8) ...(Yeah right LMAO)
Nintendo Network: maxfreak PSN: andino1152 Xbox Live: andino1152
Admin at: http://moustachedgamers.com/forum/index.php

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
3 years ago#53
Pentium II 350Mhz
64MB SDRAM. Added 256MB SDRAM later; 320MB total.
4MB ATi Rage Pro AGP. Upgraded to 64MB Geforce 2 MMX400 AGP that cost $5 from a friend.
6GB HDD but died. Went to a 2GB HDD.

All I remember playing on it is Counter-Strike and Mame/Kawaks/FinalBurn arcade emulators on it. That's all I had space for.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUAZnjFbOyI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbxOaq6_i1Y

User Info: SuperVegito2487

SuperVegito2487
3 years ago#54
honestly? no idea it was a used thing and i could barely play games, the one i got now is MUCH better but not good enough either... laptops doesnt quite cut it.

this one however is the one i will count with, since the other doesnt really count, it was more a small gift from my dad so i didnt abuse my moms too much.

HP pavillion dv7
17 inch screen with 1080p native res
intel i7 2670qm

...radeon 6770m HD 2 gb

8gb ram

1tb HDD (sales style tb, so that means 912 true gb... 872 after windows 7 home premium 64 bit installed)

basic dvd drive.
i can run me2 full res and max set, me3 close to.
Adam Savage: LET'S PILLAGE
Tory Bellici: I don't think that's legal in California

User Info: MasterOfHunters

MasterOfHunters
3 years ago#55
ATARIJAWA posted...
Zukkus posted...
I think mine had something like a 250mb HDD. This was back when you didn't even need an HDD to install Windows until 2.1x was released.

We had a party at our office to celebrate the release of Windows 2 when all of you were were crawling or weren't even born yet.

Windows 2 came out in the late 80's. I highly doubt you a 250mb HDD then. 20mb was extremely large for a home pc then. 3.0 came out in 1989 or 1990. A 250 mb HDD then would have been thousands of dollars. It's possible but highly unlikely.

Got my 386 in 1989, and I had a smallish HD compared to my friends but it was 80mb. RAM was only 2MB though.

User Info: JsReznor

JsReznor
3 years ago#56
Mid 80's sometime, my father's old work computer. Pre-DOS. Green monochrome monitor. Bootup off a 5.25 floppy to run programs. The next one was better - it had a second monitor that could handle CGA games. I played a LOT of Life or Death.

I'm pretty sure my dad still has his old 70s computers, the ones with the HUGE floppy drives, that took like 10 inch disks.

User Info: fakewars

fakewars
3 years ago#57
Intel Celeron M 2 Ghz
Sis mirage graphic 3
385mb RAM
"The heads of peasants are much better as footballs."
~Ningishzida

User Info: AugustDreaming

AugustDreaming
3 years ago#58
I have absolutely no idea. I think it was Windows 95 but that's all I remember, it was a while back.
Sweet Dreams!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams

User Info: SolidManifest

SolidManifest
3 years ago#59
Pentium 1 75mhz
8mb ram
Quad cd rom lol
Sound blaster capable audio card. Hahah.

I don't know what it was. But it was a Packard bell system.
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell

User Info: frodiusmaximus

frodiusmaximus
3 years ago#60
I had some custom made contraption, that was quite state of the art back in 1997-8ish. It had a Pentium 2, 64MB of RAM, CD-ROM and floppy drives, USB connections, a 4.2GB hard drive ("You will never, NEVER, need more than that!", said the builder), and a really nice graphics card that, for some reason, was incompatible with a crap ton of games.
Wii FC: 4611 9918 6480 6380 | PSN:FrodiusMaximus
frodiusmaximus@gmail.com
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Specs of your first PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived