This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Major issue!

#1PanopictonguyPosted 8/25/2013 11:40:41 AM
Does anyone know of any windows updates that don't like AMD cards. I've just installed a 7970 everything runs fine. My system is stable, no crashes, no BSOD etc...

The issue comes when windows tries to update. When it goes to shut down, it can't. Then if I manually shut down I get " 3 of 3 windows failed to update returning configurations...etc" And it's pretty much stuck like that. The only way to get around this for me is a system restore.

All other advice I've seen about deleting pending.xml don't work because it can't be found. I have 132 updates waiting to be installed and I have no idea where to start. I'd really had to install and reset each 1 by 1...>_>
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#2StormKMDPosted 8/25/2013 11:48:54 AM
Well it most certainly is not a video card problem, idk why you think that. You'll probably have to reinstall windows buddy.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#3Panopictonguy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 11:52:01 AM
I re-installed windows when I put the card in. The initial issue after I put the card in was windows wouldn't boot at all.

After I re-installed windows I went through the basic steps of reinstalling all the up to date drivers for everything. Restarts fine takes less than 10 seconds to get back into windows. As soon as I install all windows important updates and attempt a restart the PC won't shut down. I scheduled it to restart at 8am. Looked at my PC at 1pm and it was still at the shutdown screen.

Manual restart and I get the 3 of 3 error.

If it's not a GPU error, does anyone know of a specific update that could be causing this. I've been searching and people can only point to a Vista update that causes this.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.