This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Headphones (Not for gaming).

#11CammyApple(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 12:49:41 PM
MaKhaos posted...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-107-portable-headphones-reviewed-astrotec-as-100hd-as-200hd-added-12-02-12

Sounds just like what you need.

Bookmarked because holy fudge all the info all at once.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#12CardigansFanPosted 8/25/2013 12:52:10 PM
V-Moda M80's are a pretty good choice if you don't mind them being on-ear, and you can pick them up from Amazon for $130 with free shipping from their Warehouse Deals section. I got a pair listed as "Very Good" when they were at a steeper discount of ~$110, and I couldn't tell they weren't new other than the fact that they had been opened.

They come with a nice carry case that isn't too big, and come with two heavy-duty detachable cables with mics too.
---
3570k | GTX670 FTW | 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD
Nexus 4 16GB White * Sharp Actius MM20 * AKA Magus77
#13aak57Posted 8/25/2013 12:56:33 PM
Budget is very, very important. Not much point in me recommending a pair of HD800s to someone who thinks "budget doesn't matter much" means like $100.

And yeah, go to head-fi. Supremely knowledgeable people there who aren't as prone to the newbie cycle.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#14CammyApple(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 1:20:24 PM
aak57 posted...
Budget is very, very important. Not much point in me recommending a pair of HD800s to someone who thinks "budget doesn't matter much" means like $100.

And yeah, go to head-fi. Supremely knowledgeable people there who aren't as prone to the newbie cycle.

While I understand that budget is important it's also a bridge I am willing to cross when I come to it. I would prefer to pay less but if I see something that is just unbeatable and it costs $350 that may be a bullet I have to bite.
---
#15wizardmonPosted 8/25/2013 1:43:59 PM
CammyApple posted...
aak57 posted...

While I understand that budget is important it's also a bridge I am willing to cross when I come to it. I would prefer to pay less but if I see something that is just unbeatable and it costs $350 that may be a bullet I have to bite.

Still off a ways, headphones go into the thousands. for instance, you can find the HD800 mentioned by aak57 at $1500 USD.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#16CammyApple(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 1:15:21 PM
wizardmon posted...
CammyApple posted...
aak57 posted...

Still off a ways, headphones go into the thousands. for instance, you can find the HD800 mentioned by aak57 at $1500 USD.

I'm aware. If I was going to spend that much I would just go with custom IEMs though.
---
#17AcquirePosted 8/26/2013 1:28:52 PM
I have some audeze lcd 2s hooked up to a schiit lyr amp and a xonar essence stx sound card, which I use as my dac. It sounds fantastic.
---
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.
#18CammyApple(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 1:33:27 PM
Acquire posted...
I have some audeze lcd 2s hooked up to a schiit lyr amp and a xonar essence stx sound card, which I use as my dac. It sounds fantastic.

That must be a pain in the butt to cart about when you want to go for a walk though.
---
#19therickmu25Posted 8/26/2013 1:38:05 PM
Audiotechnica M50 are some of the best price per performance on the market.
---
Games List: http://i.imgur.com/n5R72Cl.jpg
PC Setup: http://i.imgur.com/fUPqE7N.jpg
#20r0ge00Posted 8/26/2013 1:45:09 PM(edited)
TC, you might want to look at the Sennheiser HD25-1 II.

therickmu25 posted...
Audiotechnica M50 are some of the best price per performance on the market.

At their everyday asking price of ~$150, they're not. At the ~$100 sale price, they're decent.