This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About to give up on Skyrim.

#21myztikricePosted 8/26/2013 1:58:36 PM
try the enboost mod
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so ****in' hysterical.
#22wizardmonPosted 8/26/2013 2:00:01 PM
My Skyrim issues:
Occasional hitching
Water related? - I've noticed that sometimes the water which is present in every cell, will raise a high up elevation for one single frame when my game hitches, this causes other effects such as
Animals teliport upwards or rocket away - When the water hitch happens, NPCs (usually just wildlife, but not always) will teliport vast distances into the air and slowly descend to their deaths on impact with the ground, other times moving rapidly forward or sideways if they are currently running
Swimming animation and submersion audio plays - For a split second when this happens the player charactor will "swim" for a split second causing his/her weapon to lower, exit sneak, stop sneak rolling, create a falling impact noise making gameplay near impossible at points. Additionally, if you are mining a rock or playing some other animation when this happens you get stuck for a long period of time, sometimes permanently in third person watching yourself just float there.

Physics and collision issues
Physics clutter explodes - While not related to the water hitch this happens often in my game. Objects such as pots/pans/clutter/potions and such will explode around the room as if a fireball was flung at them. I'm not sure why this happens but it seems almost unrelated to the hitching effect, and I'm pretty sure it has to do with the CPU 'activating' them from their sleeping state when the player gets close to them.
Moving objects cause NPCs, Player character, and physics to glitch out - If a draw bridge goes down, or a door opens, or a trap moves and there is a NPC or player near it they teliport around, sometimes not able to go through it at all as if it's a solid or sometimes just falling out of the level. This also causes some of the physics explosions as moving doors and other objects cause nearby physics clutter to wake up.

As in the opening post, I too have tried multiple different settings including windowed mode, fullscreen, Vsync on and off, AA on and off, low, medium, high, highest, AF off or on, shadows at all settings and so on. This happens with or without mods. This has happened over multiple operating systems, multiple installs of the game, multiple save games, multiple different sets of drivers. I've tried many different solutions to no effect.
Some things did have solutions though: Recording the game with MSI afterburner (Actually recording gameplay) removes the water hitching entirely - but that's not really something I want to count on as a hardfix to a really dumb problem. Running the game in a window removes the AMD stunt frame/laggy animations nearly entirely.
PC specs
Intel i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz - I have tried this at stock speeds as well, to see if that was related
8GB of DDR3 1600 ram
XFX HD 6950 1GB Vram - I've used multiple different driver versions over multiple operating systems
Windows 8 64bit - This also happened on my install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit as well

CPU goes to 57C with my GPU at it's normal 82C (Which is not hot at all considering it's a single fan in a corner in my room which has no ventilation)

I'm pretty much convinced that a lot of this is the fault of AMD's hardware or perhaps I just have a really specific hardware incompatibility with the game.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#23Snuckie7Posted 8/26/2013 2:04:03 PM
http://techreport.com/review/24218/a-driver-update-to-reduce-radeon-frame-times/2

Clearly, people have been able to get Skyrim working with AMD hardware, so it's either a problem with the mods, or it's something else on your end.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#24Terantatek(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 3:50:30 PM(edited)
Snuckie7 posted...
http://techreport.com/review/24218/a-driver-update-to-reduce-radeon-frame-times/2

Clearly, people have been able to get Skyrim working with AMD hardware, so it's either a problem with the mods, or it's something else on your end.

Ya that's the problem I have in the video. I'm using 13.4drivers. Should I rollback to 13.2b? Also what's the best way to uninstall steam skyrim and all mods for a clean retry at testing fps? I want this fixed so bad and don't wanna have to spend $300+ on an nvidia card just for skyrim to run smooth.

Also snuckie, you use a 7950, what are your CCC settings and how did you set up skyrim? Do you use any third party programs? Did you have to fix anything to make it smooth? Not being a detective I just want to replicate.
---
"The best revenge is to live a happy life"
Love, Peace, 420-14/7. Living in Euphoria
#25Snuckie7Posted 8/26/2013 3:49:06 PM
I think verifying the cache in Steam should reset everything?
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#26thatfool12GsPosted 8/26/2013 3:51:18 PM
Dat AMD
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#27SlaynPosted 8/26/2013 3:51:19 PM
Do all your other games run perfectly well?
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#28Snuckie7Posted 8/26/2013 3:54:00 PM
Slayn posted...

It's Terantatek; so absolutely not. I'm pretty sure his 7950 is outright defective.
---
#29Terantatek(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 4:32:04 PM
Slayn posted...

Most yes, stuff like bf3, crysis 2, sonic all stars, hitman absolution run very well on max settings + 2x AA.

It's just Bethesda games >.>
---
#30Terantatek(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 4:33:39 PM
Snuckie7 posted...
Slayn posted...

It's Terantatek; so absolutely not. I'm pretty sure his 7950 is outright defective.

It might be, but why point me out? You got something against me snuck?
---