This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do some people not like Steam?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do some people not like Steam?

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
3 years ago#11
SavageDonzilla posted...
fakewars posted...
Some people like the box to be put on shelf

I'm that way for console games. I'd much rather have the disc over a digital copy. But for my PC, I prefer Steam/Origin. Couldn't tell ya why though.

same here, minus origin
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own

User Info: Golden Maven

Golden Maven
3 years ago#12
Considering the prices, I'm perfectly willing to accept that the permanence of my purchases is only theoretical. Even in the unlikely scenario that Valve and Steam go down, would I really care about some old games I paid $7 for years ago? That's the average I've been paying for each Steam game.

Some people have an unhealthy obsession with retaining stuff.

User Info: lemonfed

lemonfed
3 years ago#13
if steam was only required for game you brought in their shop it's would not really bother me but I seen too many games sold on physicals cd/dvd also requiring it ... so before I actually had the internet I spent years having to check on the box to check if the games was requiring me to have the internet because of steam , origin and other similar online drm.
lemonfed / my lord , it seem that ganon and his minions have seize the island of gamefaqs .

User Info: claytonbuckley

claytonbuckley
3 years ago#14
because people in tin foil hats see anything related to DRM and have to believe it's a bad thing, regardless of logic.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/somonah/
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do some people not like Steam?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived