This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Malware, Virus Protection Programs.

#1SholanPosted 8/26/2013 4:06:50 AM
Currently using the windows default program as an antivirus/firewall, along with the free version of malware bytes and hitman pro as a "second opinion".

Is this a good setup to protect my PC?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#2maybecallsPosted 8/26/2013 4:28:20 AM
Yes, it is good.
#3-CJF-Posted 8/26/2013 4:34:37 AM
I just use Microsoft Security Essentials, Firefox with No-Script and Ad-Block add-ons and common sense. Haven't had a virus or malware in years. The majority of viruses come from browser hijacks using javascript or from shady executables. It never hurts to have anti-spyware programs such as Malwarebytes for an occasional scan.
#4sauruschamp1Posted 8/26/2013 5:58:45 AM
I have avast (its free) running every so often it pops up and stops a page from loading if it beleives there is a virus on it (this is usually on stupid popups etc so is probably right lol) and I scan with malwarebytes ever so often this combined with common sense 2.0 has lead to me not getting any viruses since using this combo.
---
Xbox GT: Zarosian SteamID: Zarosio 3DS ID: 1848-2118-1570
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde
#5Fade2black001Posted 8/26/2013 6:13:24 AM
Common sense is the best one
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#6Tony_Biggie_PunPosted 8/26/2013 6:33:22 AM
Bitdefender for live protection, malwarebytes for scans
---
http://i.imgur.com/Z3MIjNj.jpg
#7Mystical_NEETPosted 8/26/2013 7:10:39 AM
Sauruschamp nailed it - Avast is pretty harmless, and if you get any suspicion of a breach scan with MBAM.

Fade2black001 posted...

So only use FaceBook, YouTube, gmail and GameFAQs along with all the other "safe" sites. Gotcha.
#8Knighted DragonPosted 8/26/2013 8:28:57 AM

Such an old and incorrect response. It doesn't matter how much "common sense" you have if you don't have any programs to stop them. A lot of viruses infect your computer just from clicking on pages and loading the ads, including ones that came from Facebook and Gamefaqs, both of which have had that problem before.

Anyway TC I use

Microsoft Security Essentials
Malwarebytes
Super Anti Spyware
Spybot Search and Destroy
Commodo Internet Security

And on firefox I use
No Script
Adblock
Ghostery

You don't have to have that many but sometimes I can run back to back scans with different programs and catch things MSE or Malwarebytes missed. Commodo is a good all around security program to have thanks to it's firewall and everything else it has
---
Matthew 7:21
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg