This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Finally convinced myself to sub to FFXIV...it was simple.

#1Benjamin_ButtonPosted 8/26/2013 6:25:34 AM(edited)
Let me start by saying that i am (was) highly against payin sub fees. i told myself never never never.

I had a deal with me self and that deal be that I go to McDonald's 3x less per month. I average at least $5 in that place so 5x3=$15 for the sub fee which is actually more since im only gona need one char since u can do everything and be everything in 1 char unlike other mmo's and that only costs $12.99 aka $13 per month.

Also i told myself i will only be buying games on sale for the next year. No more full price AAA titles. I paid $40 each for Metro LL and Tomb Raider and as much as i loved the experience i got what i needed out of them in about a weeks time for $80 at least with FFXIV its $20 off the bat (since amazon gives me back $10) one month free + $13 in 6 months i wouldve paid a bit over $80 for countless hrs of fun.

I wish someone wouldve told me this advice sooner i was having anxiety over a videogame purchase.

PS: Stop pm'ing me for Humble keys i ran out. used money for FFXIV

tl;dr: FFXIV rocks. I have no more HIB keys sorry.
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
New Alienware 18 - i7-4930MX 4.3GHz | Nvidia 780m SLI 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 120GB OCZ + 750GB HDD
#20cu_87Posted 8/26/2013 6:27:02 AM
any decision for less fast food is a good decision.
#3SchoolRumblePosted 8/26/2013 8:03:50 AM
I'd hate to have your budget
---
PSN: BlindyTwo
Gamertag: Blindy II
#4Benjamin_Button(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 9:15:48 AM
^
its not bad.
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
New Alienware 18 - i7-4930MX 4.3GHz | Nvidia 780m SLI 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 120GB OCZ + 750GB HDD
#5DV8ingSourcesPosted 8/26/2013 9:19:25 AM
I could never do that. There isn't a single game out there that has held my attention longer than a month. I like variety and with paid subs, you always feel like you need to play more to get your money's worth. It would quickly devolve into what feels like a job in my case. MMO's in general are just too grindy to feel worth the effort for me.

Glad you convinced yourself that you are getting some sort of deal but, I just don't see it.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#6happyscrub1Posted 8/26/2013 9:23:21 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
I could never do that. There isn't a single game out there that has held my attention longer than a month. I like variety and with paid subs, you always feel like you need to play more to get your money's worth. It would quickly devolve into what feels like a job in my case. MMO's in general are just too grindy to feel worth the effort for me.

Glad you convinced yourself that you are getting some sort of deal but, I just don't see it.

TLDR version: I hate MMOs
---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg
#7VeryDarkSoulPosted 8/26/2013 9:28:21 AM
DV8ingSources posted...

MMOs are supposed to be a social experience, like a second life. No pun intended. Unfortunately most of them just devolve into a killing !@#$ simulator where the only way to achieve anything is to mindlessly kill lots of !@#$.
---
Ron Paul 2012
#8Orestes417Posted 8/26/2013 9:28:59 AM
happyscrub1 posted...
DV8ingSources posted...

TLDR version: I hate MMOs

Pretty much. MMOs are all about the group dynamic, if you aren't playing with a decent group of people you're going to miss the point entirely. And no, pugging doesn't count.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#9blax34dmPosted 8/26/2013 10:15:13 AM
You should be spending that money at chick fil a anyways it's delicious
#10happyscrub1Posted 8/26/2013 10:20:18 AM
blax34dm posted...
You should be spending that money at chick fil a anyways it's delicious

But what if he likes man on man kissing while eating? Or he might be into watching women breast feed.
---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg