This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One thing EA does better than anyone else...

#1happyscrub1Posted 8/26/2013 7:11:25 AM
... is to create racially diverse and realistic characters.

<puts on activism hat>

I was just thinking about that while I was looking at some of these new games coming out (especially the new MMOs). All these new games are just full of white characters. And when they do have non-white or the option to make a none white in character creators, it's just a white featured frame with different skin tones.

When I see a Hispanic in an EA game. I see an Hispanic. When I see an Asian, I know it's an Asian. When I see a black person, it looks like a black person. But when I see attempts of these in other games, I see little effort in diversity. Seems like other companies will put 300% more effort in making a cat/human hybrid thing look realistic before they'll do anything about different human races.

As far as MMOs go, SWTOR raised the bar in that department and blew me away. When I first started to play that, I was running around looking at NPCs because it was so refreshing. After playing that, I can't see myself regressing to old, bland character designs in new MMOs.

</puts on activism hat>
---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg
#2VeryDarkSoulPosted 8/26/2013 7:21:50 AM
yeah some games they just change the skin color, not even facial structure or anything like that
EA is still the worst video game company in America though
---
Ron Paul 2012
#3DoramiPosted 8/26/2013 7:50:10 AM
Huh? Most MMOs either use raceless (in terms of facial contours) anime designs or were modeled after Asians.
---
"Why do ppl say Steam/PC has DRM? The only thing steam does is prevent piracy, and there's nothing wrong with that." - Oil_Rope_Bombs
#4SirisS-G-PPosted 8/26/2013 7:52:19 AM
I was going to say make great games but that's cool too.
#5JonWood007Posted 8/26/2013 8:03:06 AM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
yeah some games they just change the skin color, not even facial structure or anything like that
EA is still the worst video game company in America though

Tbqh, I have to give it to microsoft this year.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768