This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hate windows 8 So F***ing much, Microsoft should just admit they...

#101Rolen47Posted 8/26/2013 5:02:58 PM
Just install Classic Shell, stay on your desktop, never use the Metro interface. You wont even notice you're on Win8 after a while. It's ridiculous that so many people complain about there being no start menu, you can install one yourself.
#102bluemooglePosted 8/26/2013 5:12:10 PM
There is a big difference between hating all change, and disliking specific changes. Some people in this topic are reacting to dissenters of Windows 8 as if they are incapable of coping with change, which is a big assumption to make from someone expressing their dislike of a single thing. This is equivalent to assuming that everyone that likes Windows 8 only likes it because they have a huge passion for all forms of change whenever possible.

Come on guys, be reasonable. People that like Windows 8 like it for specific reasons, likewise for people that dislike Windows 8. No sweeping generalizations about liking or disliking change just for the hell of it. Jus' saying.
---
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
#103TimePharaohPosted 8/26/2013 5:14:05 PM
Rolen47 posted...
Just install Classic Shell, stay on your desktop, never use the Metro interface. You wont even notice you're on Win8 after a while. It's ridiculous that so many people complain about there being no start menu, you can install one yourself.

Why should I have to? Imagine if you bought a car then had to go find an engine and install it? Or you buy a TV then have to install the screen?
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#104_Marka_Ragnos_Posted 8/26/2013 5:20:39 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
Rolen47 posted...

Why should I have to? Imagine if you bought a car then had to go find an engine and install it? Or you buy a TV then have to install the screen?

Because the start menu being replaced by the start screen is not the same as having a car without a goddamn engine. The damn thing still works nearly identically to how it worked before. Its like getting a new paint job on your car. Not removing the engine. There is no reason to harp on not having a start menu. The start screen does absolutely everything the start menu did and more.
---
i5 4670k| 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3| EVGA GTX 780|Alienware m17x
http://i.imgur.com/j8vZrBQ.jpg
#105Rolen47Posted 8/26/2013 5:20:55 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
Rolen47 posted...

That's a ridiculous analogy. Engines cost money and take hours to install. There are thousands of freeware programs on the internet and they take seconds to install. Are you telling me that you have NEVER installed a 3rd party program on your PC? Windows has never come with all the programs you need.
#106Worknofun370Posted 8/26/2013 5:22:03 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
Rolen47 posted...

That's probably the worse analogy i've seen on this board... and i've been around for a bit. I mean... that's bad bad.
#107Orestes417Posted 8/26/2013 5:27:49 PM
Worknofun370 posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Rolen47 posted...

That's probably the worse analogy i've seen on this board... and i've been around for a bit. I mean... that's bad bad.

What have I told you about trying to apply logic to resident trolls?
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#108Worknofun370Posted 8/26/2013 5:29:26 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Worknofun370 posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Rolen47 posted...

What have I told you about trying to apply logic to resident trolls?

Haha, I have no clue who is a troll anymore. I miss the old day of Garcia2owens.
#109gastamanPosted 8/26/2013 5:31:49 PM(edited)
TimePharaoh posted...
Rolen47 posted...

People install programs to introduce additional functionality that isn't by default present, but is also not required for OS functionality. For example, in Windows 7, I installed a program to allow me to have my Taskbar on both of my monitors and another program to mount ISO's. In Windows 8, didn't have to, because both of those functions are built natively into the OS.
---
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
#110Orestes417Posted 8/26/2013 5:36:47 PM
No such thing as a one size fits all OS, just a bunch of users who lack the ability to step outside what they're handed.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.