This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hate windows 8 So F***ing much, Microsoft should just admit they...

#131Golden MavenPosted 8/26/2013 8:44:21 PM
_Marka_Ragnos_ posted...
It works identically,

It works better, actually. No more digging through folders and sub-menus. Everything is right there.

OK, shutting down your computer takes one extra click. Let's all overreact and run an older, less efficient OS because of it.
#132Ashiva8910Posted 8/26/2013 8:56:48 PM
Vuthyy posted...
I'll stay with window's 7 until mirosoft can release another good OS.

That will only happen when Microsoft is done trying to be like Apple.
---
i5-2550k @ 3.40ghz // 8GB DDR3 @ 800MHz // GTX 570 // Samsung 512 GB SSD // Corsair 800w // Hyper 212 EVO // Windows 7 64-bit // Acer 23" LED
#133VeryDarkSoulPosted 8/26/2013 10:24:50 PM
don't forget it's almost guaranteed windows 8 has backdoors to let the government spy on you
---
Ron Paul 2012
#134Knight2520Posted 8/26/2013 10:25:00 PM
What's the problem? I just open the start menu and click a program, exactly the same as with Windows 7. Just a different look is all.

http://i.imgur.com/Z6ufo6r.jpg

That actually looks much better than the Start menu. Looks like it can hold more icons too.
---
Internet Explorer 8 isn't loading when I click on it. - Cedoda
That's completely normal. - tuff
#135dragonballEEEPosted 8/26/2013 10:42:05 PM
Mr_Fury32 posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...
Nothing wrong with windows 8. You're literally getting mad over cosmetics.

considering that the PRIMARY way of doing pretty much EVERYTHING on a PC is on a monitor using a graphic interface, TC is right to be annoyed, it makes no sense to get rid of the desktop view and replace with the metro-style crap they use.

they use it on the xbox and i dont like it on that, i certainly would not want it permantly on my pc.

my advice is stick windows 7 for now, ideally skipping 8 completly...

This tells me that you have never picked up Windows 8. THE DESKTOP IS STILL THERE, SAME AS IT EVER WAS. You can even download a regular start button back for free.

I've never seen a whinier group of people than Windows 8 haters. And to the guy that was complaining about having a hard time shutting down, if you can't move your into either the top right or bottom right corners and click "shut down", you have a huge problem.
#136The_AntiGrimPosted 8/26/2013 11:24:29 PM
Mr_Fury32 posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...

considering that the PRIMARY way of doing pretty much EVERYTHING on a PC is on a monitor using a graphic interface, TC is right to be annoyed, it makes no sense to get rid of the desktop view and replace with the metro-style crap they use.

they use it on the xbox and i dont like it on that, i certainly would not want it permantly on my pc.

clearly you haven't used windows 8
---
Sidekick to the famous DarkHero
#137The_AntiGrimPosted 8/26/2013 11:26:38 PM
thedarklordx3 posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...

would you pay $70 for dwarf fortress?

no?

then shhh about how cosmetics don't matter.

LOL at comparing a game to an Operating system. Your lack of an argument couldn't be more apparent.
---
#138The_AntiGrimPosted 8/26/2013 11:38:11 PM
abdou posted...
windows 8 sucks and that's a fact.

topic/

You've never used windows 8 and that's a fact
---
#139justdontaskPosted 8/27/2013 12:03:05 AM
i dont honestly like win8, theres still plenty of things that just make any sense to me, but its not THAT bad. though this is GameFAQs, where people go to complain about things that arent worth complaining about.
---
i rarely return to topics i post in, if you have a problem with my posts, PM me.
#140GoldninjaPosted 8/27/2013 12:50:05 AM(edited)
Mr_Fury32 posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...

This is why you shouldn't comment on a product you haven't actually used.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/b3422xl - Petition to make phone unlocking legal again