This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hate windows 8 So F***ing much, Microsoft should just admit they...

#91Dalton Of ZealPosted 8/26/2013 3:07:13 PM
I've been using Linux for the past 5 years, and I've never looked back.
#92bluemooglePosted 8/26/2013 3:08:32 PM
gastaman posted...
bluemoogle posted...
Shutting a Windows 8 computer down requires a lot more movement of the mouse. The gesture alone adds a lot of mouse movement, but each click to shut down a Windows 8 computer is in different locations. In comparison, the clicks on Windows 7 are much closer.

It takes maybe 1-2 seconds longer to shut down a Windows 8 computer. A couple seconds doesn't sound like a lot, but at the same time, it's 100% pointless to make it take longer to do simple tasks. Microsoft should be improving their OS, not making things less efficient.

Sure. However, come October 18, this whole argument about shutting down the PC becomes moot anyway...

Fair enough, and I am looking for to Windows 8.1 to fix some of their mistakes.

I will continue to use Windows 8 regardless, since it's cheaper (for me). That should put my complaints into perspective. As much as I find some of the changes to be annoying, they aren't annoying enough to make me buy a new copy of Windows 7, vs using the free copy of 8 I got from my school. In other words, I can definitely live with the changes, but I'd still prefer Windows 7 if they were equal in price.
---
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
#93Kageblade23Posted 8/26/2013 3:14:29 PM
The_AntiGrim posted...
Nothing wrong with windows 8. You're literally getting mad over cosmetics.

no its not just the cosmetics the structure of the system software itself is crap 7's isnt as bad as 8's but its pretty close the last great os microsoft had was ME everything after that was trash vista was okay but that was just the top of the hill as the barrel started rolling down
---
Mugiwara no Rufi - Cr3\/\/_|\/|@╪3: Kaleo.T.T.C.
Kaizoku Ou ni Ore wa Naru!
#94Orestes417Posted 8/26/2013 3:16:34 PM
Kageblade23 posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...
Nothing wrong with windows 8. You're literally getting mad over cosmetics.

no its not just the cosmetics the structure of the system software itself is crap 7's isnt as bad as 8's but its pretty close the last great os microsoft had was ME everything after that was trash vista was okay but that was just the top of the hill as the barrel started rolling down

http://i.imgur.com/Lmnqqkx.jpg
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#95lifelesslumpPosted 8/26/2013 3:19:29 PM
I dislike windows 8 a lot as well. On Amazon the reviews for windows 8 are terrible. while windows 7 are great. I will stick with windows 7.
#96Flen15Posted 8/26/2013 3:38:51 PM
Windows 8 works fine for me. It's mostly the same as Windows 7 except for the start screen. There've been a few things that took me a little bit of time to find on it, but that's how things always are when they're new.

It's pretty streamlined, and it's got a really fast boot up time.
#97MeLikeyPiePosted 8/26/2013 3:51:49 PM
It's really not that bad. And this is coming from someone who used XP for like 7 years of his life and directly hopped over to Windows 8.
---
Here I come, King of Heroes! Do you have enough weapons at your disposal? - Emiya Shirou
#98NightDrifter05Posted 8/26/2013 3:52:55 PM
One thing I see with people on Gamefaqs is they are willing to pay and use a product EVEN IF they have to completely alter it to where it's usable. This guy doesn't like the new interface and neither do most people so they have to download 3rd party software to make it functional and to me that's idiotic. Microsoft should have left everything in the normal desktop mode and not removed the start menu and it would have been fine. The people defending it are just, well, stupid. Would you buy a car without a hood or something cosmetic? It doesn't need it to run, it doesn't have a major effect on anything, so what's the point of it? Yea, didn't think so. Once they finally fix it the way it SHOULD be I might consider upgrading myself. My main reason for upgrading is because my network drivers conflict with it. I can connect to the internet but only at 1/4th of my bandwidth.
#99arizingPosted 8/26/2013 3:53:58 PM
All Windows 8 is, Windows 7 with a Start SCREEN instead of Start MENU.
I know people hate change, and every other release of Windows gets crapped on.
Win ME, Win Vista, Win 8......so when Win 9 comes out and they do away with the traditional desktop altogether it will suddenly be the savior of Windows 8?

Get used to tiles and interfaces that look like they work better on touchscreen. I've had Win 8 since developer beta and have had the same issues with it as I did with Windows 7, except the learning curve on the Start SCREEN.
#100_Marka_Ragnos_Posted 8/26/2013 3:57:50 PM
NightDrifter05 posted...
One thing I see with people on Gamefaqs is they are willing to pay and use a product EVEN IF they have to completely alter it to where it's usable. This guy doesn't like the new interface and neither do most people so they have to download 3rd party software to make it functional and to me that's idiotic. Microsoft should have left everything in the normal desktop mode and not removed the start menu and it would have been fine. The people defending it are just, well, stupid. Would you buy a car without a hood or something cosmetic? It doesn't need it to run, it doesn't have a major effect on anything, so what's the point of it? Yea, didn't think so. Once they finally fix it the way it SHOULD be I might consider upgrading myself. My main reason for upgrading is because my network drivers conflict with it. I can connect to the internet but only at 1/4th of my bandwidth.

Except that the start menu literally offers no extra functionality than the start screen. Your car analogy sucks because the start menu and screen offer the same functionality, they just look different (and I personally prefer the start screen). Its more apt to compare it to getting a new hood rather than outright taking it off. For people still stuck in the past you can tweak it yourself but the start screen offers as much functionality while also looking modern.
---
i5 4670k| 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3| EVGA GTX 780|Alienware m17x
http://i.imgur.com/j8vZrBQ.jpg