This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've got nothing to play!

#11Ch3wyPosted 8/26/2013 10:33:07 AM
Freelance_Wolf posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Get Euro Truck Simulator 2, it has no end game so it will last you forever.

You can say that about any simulation game, although ETS 2 really is good. Yesterday I drove from Liverpool UK to Torino, Italy.

I hate driving in the UK. Too many speed cameras alongside speed limits that make absolutely no sense. If there are really six lane highways that have a 50km/h speed limit IRL than that country is really dumb.

I've been trying to avoid it but that's where the money is at recently.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#12Freelance_WolfPosted 8/26/2013 10:46:51 AM(edited)
It's cheating, yes, but I got rid of fines in the game. I'd love to leave it alone, but when you are driving through an intersection and you get dinged 'cause it changed to yellow light, or if I'm going through an intersection and a car drives through a red light and could potentially crash into me, drastic measures had to be taken. Is that an European rule or is the game being stupid? In Canada that's not against the law.

BTW, my HQ in game is in London.

---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#13SpazH3dPosted 8/26/2013 10:52:40 AM
Have you heard of a fancy little program called Steam?
---
- My vision is augmented
#14Ch3wyPosted 8/26/2013 10:52:40 AM
I'm sure it's just the game. I mean you can't really be expected to stop on a dime when a light changes.

I noticed if you are already in the intersection on yellow you don't get a ticket normally, but they don't give you a whole lot of breathing room if it turns yellow when you're right before the intersection.

I've been tempted to remove the fines or at least lower them. It's mostly just the cameras that bug me though.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#15KillerTrufflePosted 8/26/2013 10:55:11 AM
Blech. I agree - I hate driving in the UK. Haven't disabled fines yet, but I've gotten several red light violations due to other cars breaking the law and forcing me to react to avoid an accident. Also got a couple speed fines in the UK. Those speed limits really are ridiculous - like the majority of the country is less than 50 kph it seems. I still avoid the UK as much as possible in that game. :P (Not to mention, it's still ridiculously hard to get used to driving on the wrong side of the road.)
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#16jake-sfPosted 8/26/2013 10:55:22 AM
lol backlogs.

As if there actually were a lot of games worth playing.

Sigh.

Especially if you don't fancy every genre. Short of some boring unambitious 2 hours indie concepts I've grown completely and utterly bored of experiencing, I can't find anything to play these days. Having a preference for 3D games is a really bad thing in this day and age, too.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#17SpazH3dPosted 8/26/2013 10:57:03 AM
jake-sf posted...
lol backlogs.

Sigh.

Especially if you don't fancy every genre. Short of some boring unambitious 2 hours indie concepts I've grown completely and utterly bored of experiencing, I can't find anything to play these days. Having a preference for 3D games is a really bad thing in this day and age, too.

Gimme your steam profile please, I want to see your 5000 hours of TF2 or COD.
---
- My vision is augmented
#18jake-sfPosted 8/26/2013 11:21:28 AM
SpazH3d posted...
jake-sf posted...
lol backlogs.

Sigh.

Gimme your steam profile please, I want to see your 5000 hours of TF2 or COD.

Sigh.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/