This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Never heard of it, but I got Expeditions: Conquistador on steam...

#1Forever ShadowedPosted 8/26/2013 9:49:35 AM
Good choice. It's a tactical turn based SRPG in the vein of Kings Bounty and HoMM.

Best part is the plot and dialogue. There are numerous options for selecting your party, and besides there being a lot of different skills, personalities and attributes, they also play a role in random events and dialogue choices as well.

But over world exploration is fine, I like the camp system. Battles actually gravitate towards the challenging side, there always seems to be very little leeway early on and a wrong move could spell defeat. The injury + possible perma-death system is fun and thanks to the strong writing, I actually dread losing some of these characters.
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
#2Forever Shadowed(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 3:10:50 PM
Bump for this underrated game
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
#3ciraMegaSPosted 8/26/2013 3:18:01 PM
I think the game has a lot orf problems, but it was many due to it's low budget. I really hate the world map navigation, and the battle system is too simple for my likely.

However, I love how your army members have personalities. I wish the game had more dialogs for all the characters, but I guess that's all your going to get with a small budget.
---
Black
#4Last Grand MageX2Posted 8/26/2013 3:33:50 PM
I've been keeping my eye on that game for quite a while now waiting for it to go on sale. It looks really, really good.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#5Doomsday FortePosted 8/26/2013 4:13:07 PM
I've read the Steam Community Forum (yes yes, I know) and there were a few complaints about it putting temps dangerously high for some people. But I am still looking at it, and the devs were working on a demo at one time though I haven't exactly followed since that initial interest-pique. Oh, found a post from June.

"Yeah we're planning to put out a demo, probably shortly after the free content update.

It won't be all of the Hispaniola campaign though, we'll cut it about half-way to leave you wanting more! :D "

We'll see.
---
Crimson night & Celsion moon, misfiction, not save the Player is Prayer, yes, Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia.
#6Forever Shadowed(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 4:35:36 PM
Wow, the kickstarter asked for 70 and it got 77k. It almost wasnt made!

The battles are very unforgiving, each one is a real challenge. The margin is so small I've quit battles 1-2 turns in because I could see right away I miscalculated or made a mistake. And even victories have been up in the air till the final few rounds. I hear it gets easy, to the point of almost no challenge, later on. Atleast I know I've earned it.

Also, playing a great, good old fashioned text-driven story RPG like this is really putting me in the mood to buy Shadowrun Returns as well.
---