This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Magic 2014... paid version still have microtransactions?

#1MwulfPosted 8/26/2013 9:06:51 AM
I'd like to try the game, but I don't want microtransactions or ads.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#2AnatomyHorrorPosted 8/26/2013 9:11:18 AM
Probably. Card games are just made for microtransactions.
#3Jprime666Posted 8/26/2013 9:12:14 AM
Welcome to the future of gaming
---
How many emotions is people?
#4Mwulf(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 9:13:22 AM
Well, guess I'm gonna save some money, then.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#5RhytenPosted 8/26/2013 9:20:34 AM
What? Magic 2014 on steam doesn't have either of those.
The only "dlc" currently are sealed slots. You get 2 free and you can buy up to 18. The rest of the game is free, you can buy foil effects and unlock decks by paying, but you can just play for that.
---
Antec Neo Eco 620w | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | i5 2500k 3.3 Ghz | EVGA Gtx 570 1280 Mb | 8 Gb DDR 3 1333 Mhz | WD 1 Tb 7200 Rpm SATA 3 | HP 2011x 20" 1600x900
#6SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/26/2013 9:34:50 AM(edited)
Jprime666 posted...
Welcome to the entire history of MTG

Richard Garfield basically invented p2win.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#7SirisS-G-PPosted 8/26/2013 9:31:23 AM
What? There are no micro transaction. There is time saver DLC if you're like me and wants to save time and be competent online on day 1. Don't waste you time with those extra Seal Decks DLC, That is a waste and hardly anyone plays that online.

I also hate how when ever a game has time Saver DLC then people say "oh this game has Micro Transaction". Bro you don't have to buy them, it's just for saving time and doesn't give you an edge.
#8SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/26/2013 9:35:29 AM
SirisS-G-P posted...
What? There are no micro transaction. There is time saver DLC if you're like me and wants to save time and be competent online on day 1. Don't waste you time with those extra Seal Decks DLC, That is a waste and hardly anyone plays that online.

I also hate how when ever a game has time Saver DLC then people say "oh this game has Micro Transaction". Bro you don't have to buy them, it's just for saving time and doesn't give you an edge.

This is also true.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#9matu90rkPosted 8/26/2013 9:58:57 AM
SirisS-G-P posted...

Technically, it is a micro transaction.