This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, is Libreoffice the way to go for a free MS Office alternative?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So, is Libreoffice the way to go for a free MS Office alternative?

User Info: Bowsaa

Bowsaa
3 years ago#1
I pretty much just need word.

After reading on of my first assignments, I just realized that I didn't install Office when I was at my house, and I don't have the disk/key with me (I have a copy of Office 03 at home that I used on my old laptop/HDD). I could "torrent" the disks and have someone at home email me the CD key, but I don't think that that would go over well with the school.

So, what should I use instead?
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000

User Info: Ch3wy

Ch3wy
3 years ago#2
Either that or Open Office will work just fine for writing papers.
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.

User Info: Greendragon854

Greendragon854
3 years ago#3
see if your school gives you MSDNAA access, you could get a copy of office for cheap or free. Otherwise, I use openoffice, and it's comparable to office
"Are you going to buy this time? Or are you still just curious?"
"Well, I supposed you could say I'm Buy-Curious" ~PSN - greeniebeanie

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#4
You can use Microsoft Office Web Apps if your computer is always online.
Google Docs, too. I just prefer the former to guarantee compatibility with actual Office apps.
Other than that, yes, LibreOffice is the most common alternative to MS Office. There are a few more. For Word in particular, there's Abiword but I've never used it.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: mikewu1

mikewu1
3 years ago#5
Yeah, I would just use MS web office and save to skydrive.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So, is Libreoffice the way to go for a free MS Office alternative?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived