This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, is Libreoffice the way to go for a free MS Office alternative?

#1BowsaaPosted 8/26/2013 10:16:25 AM
I pretty much just need word.

After reading on of my first assignments, I just realized that I didn't install Office when I was at my house, and I don't have the disk/key with me (I have a copy of Office 03 at home that I used on my old laptop/HDD). I could "torrent" the disks and have someone at home email me the CD key, but I don't think that that would go over well with the school.

So, what should I use instead?
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#2Ch3wyPosted 8/26/2013 10:18:35 AM
Either that or Open Office will work just fine for writing papers.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#3Greendragon854Posted 8/26/2013 10:19:15 AM
see if your school gives you MSDNAA access, you could get a copy of office for cheap or free. Otherwise, I use openoffice, and it's comparable to office
---
"Are you going to buy this time? Or are you still just curious?"
"Well, I supposed you could say I'm Buy-Curious" ~PSN - greeniebeanie
#4ShubPosted 8/26/2013 10:19:33 AM
You can use Microsoft Office Web Apps if your computer is always online.
Google Docs, too. I just prefer the former to guarantee compatibility with actual Office apps.
Other than that, yes, LibreOffice is the most common alternative to MS Office. There are a few more. For Word in particular, there's Abiword but I've never used it.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#5mikewu1Posted 8/26/2013 10:24:00 AM
Yeah, I would just use MS web office and save to skydrive.