This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are some addicting games on steam?

#31HighOnPhazonPosted 8/26/2013 11:42:26 PM
Civ V.

One.More.Turn

* Four Hours Elapse *
---
GT/Steam: AncientToaster
i5 3750K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 2GB / Corsair TX650
#32TowerBooks3192Posted 8/27/2013 12:25:53 AM
Crusader Kings 2

Europa Universalis IV
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#33SlaynPosted 8/27/2013 12:26:25 AM
Some good recommendations. I am going to have to +1 both FTL and Mount and Blade: Warband.

FTL is extremely fun and it has a lot of replay value. Very addictive. The game is pretty hard until you get in the groove, even then there is no way to 100% pass the game each time, sometimes you will make mistakes and pay for it. There are different ship unlocks, and they all play semi-different, so there is reason to keep playing, aside from the gameplay.

MnB:WB has both a fantastic single player and multi player experience. You can literally sink hundreds of hours in to each. Some people have 1000+ logged in that game. Part of it is the large selection of mods to keep the game fresh.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#34thebladeofwoePosted 8/27/2013 1:26:12 AM
Splinter cell blacklist. F***ing awesome game. The online mode is so satisfying.
---
A10 ('@2.3) HD 7600G & HD 7670M 8gb ram W8.
#35IBKNAWTUPosted 8/27/2013 1:40:08 AM
Super Hexagon. Super frustrating, but just one more round...

It's the only game you'll keep playing after failing 20 times in 24 seconds.

I'm not exaggerating those numbers, either.
---
Gabe: Reality has exiled you, you are no longer bound by its laws. - HoboSpartan
#36bruno1983brPosted 8/27/2013 4:04:05 AM
Realm of the Mad God.

Any Elder Scrolls game.
#37tatm21Posted 8/27/2013 11:29:17 AM
+1 for most of the suggestions, especially FTL.
Not mentioned yet: Rogue Legacy has been very hard for me to put down
---
I7-2600k 4.5 GHz | Asus P8P67 Deluxe | MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr II/OC SLI | 16GB Vengeance
#38MuhammadJAPosted 8/27/2013 1:02:27 PM
I like Fallout New Vegas. I find it addicting somehow. And for some reason, I'm addicted to The Last Remnant right now.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, home of the Drama Queens.
Where you can get modded for stating your opinion.
#39BigTlovesBEERPosted 8/27/2013 4:41:54 PM
FTL is awesome. Easy to learn, tough to master. The perfect formula for addictive game play.

YoungAdultLink posted...
Kerbal Space Program. I was up until 5 the other night, just saying, "Well, maybe if I change this part it'll get to orbit" over and over. Durn spacejets.

While this is one of the most interesting and unique concepts for a game, "addictive" isn't quite how I'd describe it. I think KSP is important. I think it is the type of game that makes you proud to be a PC Gamer as it's thee only platform to entertain this kind of outside-the-box thinking when it comes to developing games. But it's tough to get into right away and isn't liek PvZ where you start it up and get sucked in. Really, it depends on your interests. If you're into physics and aeronautics, KSP is probably incredibly fun and a joygasm for you guys. If (like me) you're of average education and these specific field of science are not your strong suits, it takes a long time to learn and the steep curve can turn off the casuals.

Great game. Great Idea. Tough to pick up though.

Gyrospeck posted...
Europa Universalis IV

Same thing. I can see how people sink hours and hours into this game, but the learning curve is STEEP. I took the time to learn Crusader Kings 2 and I'm glad I did because it made EU4 easier to understand. I still wouldn't really call this "addictive" but I see the appeal.

dioxxys posted...
Kingmichael1337 posted...
every time someone uses "addicting" as an adjective i feel like i lose a few brain cells

Ghetto/thug people or extreme southerners must make you go bat**** insane

People who go on message boards and get snobby about grammar are far more distracting and annoying to read than the poor grammar itself.

I also find it ironic that you take issue with "addicting" yet using phrases like "ghetto/thug people". And profanity as well.