This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IPad (mini) for my mother.

#1CammyApplePosted 8/26/2013 2:53:30 PM
My mother is looking for a simple solution for paying her bills online and doing all that Facebook nonsense folks do. Would an Ipad be something that suits this purpose? The simpler the better.

Is an iPad even an option if someone doesn't have a computer/iTunes?
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#2PhilOnDezPosted 8/26/2013 3:32:38 PM
The later versions of iOS work fine without a PC, I'm not sure exactly which firmware made it unnecessary but I've never hooked my 4S up to my computer for anything but charging so since at least iOS 5. She will need an iTunes account however, even for free apps. Facebook works fine and even has its own app, not sure if they have non-flash versions of the flash games if that's something she's interested in though.

As for the online bill pay my bank offers an online bill payment service and they have their own app where you can manage all that. It would depend on your bank or the companies in question, so long as they don't require flash it will be fine. I doubt there's anyone who trusts payments to flash though, as vulnerable as it is.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#3SolidManifestPosted 8/26/2013 3:52:01 PM
Buy her the new Nexus 7. Def a better choice in 7inch tablet area
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell