The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So are blower type coolers typically the better choice for SLI/CF setups?

#1PathlessBulletPosted 8/26/2013 6:19:42 PM
Seems like a logical conclusion in my mind as otherwise you would have one GPU blowing hot air out onto the other.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#2YoungAdultLinkPosted 8/26/2013 6:23:06 PM
That and for cases with poor air circulation. They just tend to be a bit louder than dual-fan cards and run a couple degrees hotter in normal use. Bu, yeah, in multi-card setups they do really well as long as there's enough airflow through the case.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#3PhilOnDezPosted 8/26/2013 6:41:38 PM
I usually see people recommend having one blower and one more typical multifan card, use the multifan card for things that don't support SLI for better temps/noise. Then have the blower against the back of the other card to vent some of the excess heat instead of having them both pumping heat into the case.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#4TheFeshPincePosted 8/26/2013 6:43:35 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 5:58:23 AM
TheFeshPince posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

What could you have possibly said for that to happen in a topic asking about coolers.... hm......

PhilOnDez posted...
I usually see people recommend having one blower and one more typical multifan card, use the multifan card for things that don't support SLI for better temps/noise. Then have the blower against the back of the other card to vent some of the excess heat instead of having them both pumping heat into the case.

That's an interesting idea, but now that I've looked into it I think I'm gonna go with a dual fan setup for both cards since pretty much every blower type cooler for the GPU I'm looking at (7950) uses lower quality components and is going to run hotter regardless if the logic of the cooler type is better.

If only the IceQ wasn't out of stock.
---
#6aak57Posted 8/27/2013 6:04:50 AM
PathlessBullet posted...
since pretty much every blower type cooler for the GPU I'm looking at (7950) uses lower quality components

eh?
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#7PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 6:06:56 AM
aak57 posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
since pretty much every blower type cooler for the GPU I'm looking at (7950) uses lower quality components

eh?

I didn't see any good brands that produced a 7950 with a blower cooler. They all had crappy overclockability and ran hot.

The only brand that made a good blower cooler for the 7950 that I looked up was HIS, but the IceQ is sold out.
---
#8aak57Posted 8/27/2013 6:12:05 AM
I'm pretty sure Sapphire's 3L variant is a blower model.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#9Flaktrooper123Posted 8/27/2013 6:19:23 AM
I wouldn't say the cooler I think, some non-ref models with axial fan actually do rear exhaust, don't have to be blower fan for that.