This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is it considered pirating a game if....

#31Ch3wyPosted 8/27/2013 6:19:55 AM
MuhammadJA posted...
LOL! "I payed money, but I'll just torrent the game to have more freedom". Oh please, why bother paying when you can get the software for free? And secondly, what prove you have that you spent the money on said game? Oh yeah, nothing. Just say what you want and hope everyone believe you.

I mean he probably has a receipt or something you generally get those whenever a sale is made.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#32iammaxhailmePosted 8/27/2013 6:28:50 AM
The "I already own a copy, so I can download another one from an illegal source, but I own a copy so it's legal" argument has never and will never be true.

I don't really see anything wrong with doing it, but it's just not true.
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
#33steveboblarry(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 7:05:40 AM
MuhammadJA posted...
LOL! "I payed money, but I'll just torrent the game to have more freedom". Oh please, why bother paying when you can get the software for free? And secondly, what prove you have that you spent the money on said game? Oh yeah, nothing. Just say what you want and hope everyone believe you.

I could keep the receipt derp, its not that hard to keep a record of the sale
---
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy
#34Knight2520Posted 8/27/2013 7:10:39 AM(edited)
Should it be illegal to download copies of Windows when you have a key to activate it?

That is different. Windows ISOs are purposely made available legally for free. Game torrents are not (at least in general). You're mixing emotion into a legal argument.
---
GENERATION 117: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number. Consider it a social experiment.
#35MarceloSampaioPosted 8/27/2013 7:08:36 AM
steveboblarry posted...
MuhammadJA posted...

OR you can just whatever you want and not tell anyone about it.

Its not like the police is going to your house and arrest you if you download something.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mAjXr0l.jpg
Evolution of the dungeons in the Elder Scrolls game (from Daggerfall onwards)... ES 6 dungeons will be strait lines, I guess...
#36ThugglesPosted 8/27/2013 7:13:14 AM(edited)
Lemur_H posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
I don't believe that's pirating. Pirating would be acquiring a licensed product without permission to use I or Distributing a licensed property without permission to do so.

Once you purchase the right to use a license I'm pretty you can legally acquire the digital product by any means as long as you are not copying and distributing it with your permission to use it.

Your beliefs are irrelevant.

You torrent a game that is not intended to be free. Piracy.

They people looking to prosecute don't give a damn if you legally own the game or not.

You never legally own the game. You legally own a license to play it, that's what you're purchasing. This is going to go on all day because nobody here is a lawyer and none of us really knows the law.

Also if you're using torrents for illegal things you're a fool.
---
Steam ID: thuggles
#37steveboblarry(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 7:14:27 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...
steveboblarry posted...
MuhammadJA posted...

OR you can just whatever you want and not tell anyone about it.

Its not like the police is going to your house and arrest you if you download something.

Its a matter or principles, your right I can do whatever I want and I choose to pay for it.
---
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy
#38Flaktrooper123Posted 8/27/2013 7:14:59 AM
It would be called pirating, but I think nobody cares if you own the original. If one of those MAFIAA knocks on your door, you can show you have paid for the original and you are too stupid to become a hacker to be able to circumvent the DRM yourself. The police should leave you alone.
#39PanopictonguyPosted 8/27/2013 7:15:14 AM
Knight2520 posted...
Should it be illegal to download copies of Windows when you have a key to activate it?

That is different. Windows ISOs are purposely made available legally for free. Game torrents are not (at least in general). You're mixing emotion into a legal argument.

Windows is not distributed by Microsoft for free. You have to pay to download it from Microsoft.

There are however other sources to download the installer for free.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#40Knight2520Posted 8/27/2013 7:19:18 AM
Knight2520 posted...

Windows is not distributed by Microsoft for free. You have to pay to download it from Microsoft.

There are however other sources to download the installer for free.

Downloads are available from Digital River, a major Microsoft distributor. Do you really think Microsoft doesn't know about those links? Microsoft has them posted everywhere on their own official forums.They're posted everywhere on their official forums.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/where-can-i-download-windows-7-iso-i-have-a/7d964b05-2be9-4800-bc7f-3ca30356fc3d
---
The RSX is just there to bottleneck the Cell. Otherwise it would transform into an autobot and destroy your living room - premature tyrant