This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is it considered pirating a game if....

#71MaxCHEATER64Posted 8/27/2013 9:02:19 AM
Cacciato posted...
Written by SBAllen? Or written by SBAllen's lawyers. Take a guess as to which one I'd rather listen to.

It says you won't get arrested/taken to court/get drone striken if you pirate. Actually the only stuff it really says is where the legality ends, and that you shouldn't relay talk about it here because it's against the TOU.
---
i5-3570K | HD 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T
#72jessica73Posted 8/27/2013 9:09:41 AM
Slayn posted...
Does it really matter? It is all about what you feel. You are not going to get caught downloading the game. Shades of grey, when it pertains to piracy, is all about your own conscience. Don't ask questions like "is this technically piracy" because 99% of the time it is. Hey, I forgot to record The Walking Dead but I have AMC! If I pirate this, does it still count? Yes. I own a Wii and Xenoblade Chronicles, if I use an emulator and play it with better graphics, is this piracy? Yes.

Do you really care? Do you feel guilty? If not, do it. Although I don't see what the big deal with Origin is. Launch ME3, it sits in the background. GG. Don't have it start up automatically. I actually found the multi player in ME3 better than the single player...

no it isn't, not if you made your own rip via the Wii or one of the few drives that read Wii discs.

as for the tc, just crack it instead off downloading it. but then who cares if you pirate from ea. not me imo
---
http://i.imgur.com/1XJz6.gif
^__^
#73Knight2520Posted 8/27/2013 9:16:56 AM(edited)
Does it really matter? It is all about what you feel. You are not going to get caught downloading the game. Shades of grey, when it pertains to piracy, is all about your own conscience. Don't ask questions like "is this technically piracy" because 99% of the time it is. Hey, I forgot to record The Walking Dead but I have AMC! If I pirate this, does it still count? Yes. I own a Wii and Xenoblade Chronicles, if I use an emulator and play it with better graphics, is this piracy? Yes.

Do you really care? Do you feel guilty? If not, do it. Although I don't see what the big deal with Origin is. Launch ME3, it sits in the background. GG. Don't have it start up automatically. I actually found the multi player in ME3 better than the single player...

I have no words for how stupid this is.

Does it matter? I feel that if I already bought the game at one point I own it so I can play it how I want to. I really don't care what the "law" says. The "law" does not form my basis for morality and I would highly recommend others to do the same. The law is a system of control so guys with guns can show up to your house and murder you or kidnap you and throw you in a cage without repercussions if you do something some rich guys don't like. That's my perspective on it at least.

Nor this.
---
Is that the ship from Mass Effect? - ZanySniper on the USS Enterprise
#74Fade2black001Posted 8/27/2013 9:32:12 AM
steveboblarry posted...
Lets say that you pay for mass effect 3 but, instead of going through Origin to get it,you download the game through a site like pirate bay so its drm free. would it still be considered pirating.

Why hasn't this been modded yet?
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#75steveboblarry(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 9:40:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#76AsucaHayashiPosted 8/27/2013 10:13:13 AM
people pirating a game they already bought are just stupid.

considering that bittorrent is the most popular means of piracy, you'll just add to the total count of a game's rate of piracy meaning it doesn't matter in the slightest if you've already bought a legal copy, corporations with an agenda(are there any other kind?) will just use those numbers and translate it into "people who stole our game and would never pay for it and therefore we don't want our game on PC".
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#77CacciatoPosted 8/27/2013 10:48:59 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
people pirating a game they already bought are just stupid.

considering that bittorrent is the most popular means of piracy, you'll just add to the total count of a game's rate of piracy meaning it doesn't matter in the slightest if you've already bought a legal copy, corporations with an agenda(are there any other kind?) will just use those numbers and translate it into "people who stole our game and would never pay for it and therefore we don't want our game on PC".

Piracy =/= lost sales.
#78Knight2520Posted 8/27/2013 10:58:45 AM
Piracy =/= lost sales.

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. That's not the point though. The point is that the companies and executives see it that way, so that's what matters.
---
can u even count 30 in 1 second? no, u can't. so u can't tell difference between 30fps and 60fps. stupid. -Shinobier-
#79JKatarnPosted 8/27/2013 1:19:11 PM
Yes, because you paid for that specific software license key for that specific game.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#80JKatarnPosted 8/27/2013 1:21:32 PM
animanganime posted...
steveboblarry posted...
Lets say that you pay for mass effect 3 but, instead of going through Origin to get it,you download the game through a site like pirate bay so its drm free. would it still be considered pirating.

Or you can just download a crack, instead of the entire game AGAIN
to me that's no different than simulating a console game on PC, which people here think it's perfectly legal

If you dump the ROM/BIOS/ISO etc. yourself from your own disc and your own hardware, emulation is perfectly legal. There's nothing inherently illegal about emulation itself, and this is a very common misconception. Plenty of people for example run their own legal PS1/PS2/Wii games with emulators for the higher resolution/texture filters etc.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES