This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My god... NVIDIA... GeForce... ****ing Experience.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My god... NVIDIA... GeForce... ****ing Experience.
3 years ago#1
It hung me up once, and froze me second.

Uninstalled.

I know, I know, there is no point in having it, but I only did because of the auto-update driver function. Suppose I could just check the site here and then... I definitely learned my lesson, never again will I use a console-favoring program.

UHG!

So considering it wouldn't un-freeze, I just resorted to flipping the power switch on the back of my case. I got the "Windows didn't shut down normally." and I'm not worried about that, but I'm wondering if doing this has any negative effects on hardware, or even software? Thanks.
3 years ago#2
Any time the power cuts out, you run the risk of getting some corrupted data. Whether it's a power outage or you just flipping the switch on your PSU, the risk is the same. That's why it's always a good idea to use both system restore (which I admit has failed me a lot when I tried using it) and system backup (making an image of your boot drive.)

I've never had an issue with GeForce Experience, and I mostly have it for the automatic driver updates as well, although it's not hard to just update them yourself. Maybe I should get rid of it. The "optimized settings" for each game are questionable, and it only finds 5/18 of my games as well, so it's not terribly useful.
My movie and gaming room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU
3 years ago#3
I've had no problems with GeForce Experience, I don't know what you're talking about TC.
Fight Science with Wood
http://gifs.gifbin.com/072010/1280303569_walmart-moonwalk.gif http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8299/0341551001256026444.gif
3 years ago#4
Unless you have 500 series cards, you probably wouldn't have problems.
3 years ago#5
Nicodimus posted...
Any time the power cuts out, you run the risk of getting some corrupted data. Whether it's a power outage or you just flipping the switch on your PSU, the risk is the same. That's why it's always a good idea to use both system restore (which I admit has failed me a lot when I tried using it) and system backup (making an image of your boot drive.)

I've never had an issue with GeForce Experience, and I mostly have it for the automatic driver updates as well, although it's not hard to just update them yourself. Maybe I should get rid of it. The "optimized settings" for each game are questionable, and it only finds 5/18 of my games as well, so it's not terribly useful.

Oh, and does this apply to the computer rebooting on its own, or simply a cut of power?
3 years ago#6
ajko000 posted...

Then upgrade.
Sidekick to the famous DarkHero
3 years ago#7
The_AntiGrim posted...
ajko000 posted...

Then upgrade.

Then give me money.
3 years ago#8
ajko000 posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...
ajko000 posted...

Then upgrade.

Then give me money.

how about you stop being poor
Sidekick to the famous DarkHero
3 years ago#9
The_AntiGrim posted...
ajko000 posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...
ajko000 posted...

Then upgrade.

Then give me money.

how about you stop being poor

XD
3 years ago#10
Yeah, my old PC had a 580 and it would shut down with some critical error every time.

Just built a new PC with a 780 and it works flawlessly. lol
I'm bored at work...
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My god... NVIDIA... GeForce... ****ing Experience.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived