This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody who spent less than 20 hours on a playthrough in Dishonored....

#1MonkeymagePosted 8/27/2013 8:15:07 AM
Did it wrong. Seriously, yo. I just started the final mission and I'm sitting right at 20 hours. It usually takes about an hour or two to get all the way through each mission. I've been doing a mostly nonlethal ghost playthrough on Hard. I feel like it's still a step shy of the old Thief games but it does evoke that feel to me.

I have the Knife of Dunwall DLC and if I like it I'll pick up the Brigmore Witches one as well.

Did anyone else have a lot of fun with Dishonored?
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#2AnatomyHorrorPosted 8/27/2013 8:18:32 AM
Yeah I though it was great. Took me around 15-20 hours first playthrough. I looked searched everything in the game as much I as I could. I didn't rush through or anything.
#3Big_BovyPosted 8/27/2013 10:01:31 AM
I found it quite easy to go at a very fast pace with sleep darts and blink/dark vision. I did the side quests but I generally disliked hunting for runes. I found it laborious that it was the main way for leveling up as well.
---
I come here to argue!
#4Ch3wyPosted 8/27/2013 10:03:06 AM
Yeah I don't understand why there were some people saying that the game was too short. Took me around 17 hours I think, and I missed a bone charm or two.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#5KillerTrufflePosted 8/27/2013 10:06:03 AM
It was fun... although playing nonlethal ghost (or just ghost in general) does make it take longer than if you play with open combat. People who played straight through the story without exploring, without worrying about sneaking or avoiding detection, etc., could easily have finished it much faster.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#6aak57Posted 8/27/2013 10:09:13 AM
Game should have HUD elements, at least the objective marker, off by default IMO. I imagine most people just followed the big arrow which kills the experience.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#7fataliPosted 8/27/2013 10:16:14 AM
If you go the whole game just summoning rats while in hidding it goes by pretty fast.
---
Mystery is the source of all true science.
#8Monkeymage(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 10:26:12 AM
aak57 posted...
Game should have HUD elements, at least the objective marker, off by default IMO. I imagine most people just followed the big arrow which kills the experience.

Agreed. I turned everything off except the health/mana bars.

I read that article with Arkane in RPS recently that said they regretted not making the nonlethal playthrough more compelling and unique. They said something about how a strict nonlethal playthrough was almost like an easter egg.

The most unique nonlethal way to "eliminate" a major target was to

Brand the High Overseer as a heretic, making him unable to hold any form of power as a member of government ever again.

I thought that was pretty cool. I'd definitely like to see a full-fledged sequel for the PC that uses "next-gen" tech.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#9DV8ingSourcesPosted 8/27/2013 10:32:24 AM
Yeah I turned everything off and did a full stealth no kill, no power (besides blink) run on the hardest difficulty. Was a lot better for my own personal experience. Then I beat it on normal with kills, skipping dialogue, and power abuse which meant it was only a 4 hour game...

Its a little sad that all those crutches (highlight everything and pointers galore) turn a good game into casual trash.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#10KillerTrufflePosted 8/27/2013 10:38:57 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
Yeah I turned everything off and did a full stealth no kill, no power (besides blink) run on the hardest difficulty. Was a lot better for my own personal experience. Then I beat it on normal with kills, skipping dialogue, and power abuse which meant it was only a 4 hour game...

Its a little sad that all those crutches (highlight everything and pointers galore) turn a good game into casual trash.

Yes and no... yes because they're set by default, but no because it allows other people to play the game who might not otherwise enjoy it. My only real complaint was that some of those settings were on by default. I don't see having the option as a bad thing tho.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23