This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody who spent less than 20 hours on a playthrough in Dishonored....

#11KURRUPTORPosted 8/27/2013 9:42:44 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
Yeah I turned everything off and did a full stealth no kill, no power (besides blink) run on the hardest difficulty. Was a lot better for my own personal experience. Then I beat it on normal with kills, skipping dialogue, and power abuse which meant it was only a 4 hour game...

Its a little sad that all those crutches (highlight everything and pointers galore) turn a good game into casual trash.

I'm confused, you said yourself that you can make the game as hard or easy as you would like. Seems the best way for a game to appeal to hard-core gamers and casual gamers all at once just by tweaking a few options and offering you different ways to play through the game.

Also I didn't enjoy Dishonored at all, not really sure what it was but I just never really started enjoying it.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#12ElDudorinoPosted 8/27/2013 9:59:56 AM
Yeah, it kind of sucked how almost every item or ability existed just for murder. I did a stealth run and then full genocide on the second run and I kinda had more fun the second time around summoning rats and stuff but the game became really short when I did that.
#13Bossdog421Posted 8/27/2013 10:02:41 AM
Monkeymage posted...
Did it wrong. Seriously, yo. I just started the final mission and I'm sitting right at 20 hours. It usually takes about an hour or two to get all the way through each mission. I've been doing a mostly nonlethal ghost playthrough on Hard. I feel like it's still a step shy of the old Thief games but it does evoke that feel to me.

I have the Knife of Dunwall DLC and if I like it I'll pick up the Brigmore Witches one as well.

Did anyone else have a lot of fun with Dishonored?

Dishonored held my attention for about 4 hours then i moved on. Just like most other games this generation. It's not innovation combining 2 games features together.
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#14ElDudorinoPosted 8/27/2013 10:05:29 AM
Are you only able to enjoy games which "innovate?"
#15Monkeymage(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 10:06:53 AM
Bossdog421 posted...
Monkeymage posted...
Did it wrong. Seriously, yo. I just started the final mission and I'm sitting right at 20 hours. It usually takes about an hour or two to get all the way through each mission. I've been doing a mostly nonlethal ghost playthrough on Hard. I feel like it's still a step shy of the old Thief games but it does evoke that feel to me.

I have the Knife of Dunwall DLC and if I like it I'll pick up the Brigmore Witches one as well.

Did anyone else have a lot of fun with Dishonored?

Dishonored held my attention for about 4 hours then i moved on. Just like most other games this generation. It's not innovation combining 2 games features together.

You're in for a long, disappointing life if you think that innovation is what makes things good.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#16JonWood007Posted 8/27/2013 10:07:34 AM
I think my play throughs were around 10. I did tend to rampage at a couple spots though.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#17pothocketPosted 8/27/2013 10:07:53 AM
Prepare to get the Brigmore Witches than, TC, because Daud's story is awesome and the second DLC is even better than the first.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#18DV8ingSourcesPosted 8/27/2013 10:17:54 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
Yes and no... yes because they're set by default, but no because it allows other people to play the game who might not otherwise enjoy it. My only real complaint was that some of those settings were on by default. I don't see having the option as a bad thing tho.

I suppose I came across a little differently than I had meant to in my post. Yes the options are good. Default is bad. Having some sort of reward (even cosmetic) for doing things the hard way would be the best imo. I was just saddened by how non interesting the game was with everything turned on. It was another color by the number game and that's definitely not what I want as a longtime gamer. I do appreciate it being there for people that are newer to gaming in general but do you really think those people are really looking at a game like dishonored? I'm not so sure there are many casuals that dishonored appeals to. Probably wrong but yeah.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1