This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People who say "no steam, no buy" must be joking, right?

#11NarutoUzushioPosted 8/27/2013 8:21:35 AM
I think steam is garbage anyway, the software is terrible however games need to be Origin or Steam or i am going to buy them ><
---
Dattebayo!
#12Mudkip57Posted 8/27/2013 9:09:01 AM
I like having all my games under one platform for convenience. Sometimes, I even use it as a justification to save money
#13TomNook20Posted 8/27/2013 9:19:12 AM
I don't want to have a million different programs to launch games, and I've never seen a game I wanted that badly that wasn't on steam but on a different dd platform.
---
Save the owls
#14ATARIJAWAPosted 8/27/2013 9:29:38 AM
I really wouldn't mind Origin except my games keep crashing.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#15PraetorXynPosted 8/27/2013 9:32:30 AM
I buy from GOG when it's available there, and Stem (via GMG, Amazon etc. usually) otherwise.

The only hard policy I have is Origin = no buy.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#16DV8ingSourcesPosted 8/27/2013 9:38:39 AM
Because I'm at the point where I have way more games than I have time and using steam as my main library helps with the time part. Sure it only takes a few seconds to start up origin, or uplay or whatever else but more often than not there has been some sort of update I need to wait for. Its just another added nuisance.

I WILL buy a game I really want if there is no chance it will be on steam though. I do still own my consoles for that reason as well. There is no need to have 10 different clients. Steam is bad enough but at least it has grown into a service I would use regardless. The same can't be said about the other clients as of right now. Why should I deal with going back when steam is already here and they had plenty of opportunity to use steams platform as a stepping off point?

Steam as a DRM is bs and I honestly wish my games didn't require it to be running, but seeing as that isn't going to change, I prefer to keep it as my main client due to it's superiority over every other client.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#17temgunPosted 8/29/2013 11:55:47 AM
I really don't want my games being on a platform with such a poor security. There's no two-step verification and that's a big deal. On Steam, if someone wants to access my account, they need to know my password for Steam, then the password of my email and then my phone to access my email. The verification on Origin is a joke anyway. If you want any help in anything, you need to provide your date of birth. For almost all ancient EA games where creating an account was necessary, no date of birth was required. Those all accounts have been merged to Origin accounts ever since and many people got completely random dobs in their accounts. I found out that the dob on my account is my age, but three months younger and I surely never punched something like that by accident.

Another fun story about the date of births is about a friend of mine whose account was hacked. The username was changed, the password, security questions, everything. He tried contacting the support, but nope, all they were interested in was his date of birth that was wrong as well, so he couldn't get any help. Even providing a picture of the CD key of one of his games wasn't enough, which is absolutely ridiculous. These hacked accounts are, or at least have been, rather frequent and very often have nothing to do with the user's poor security.
#18Killah PriestPosted 8/29/2013 12:00:30 PM
no disc no buy.

unless its like 2 dollars.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#19ElfergosPosted 8/29/2013 1:44:04 PM
People like a platform that encompasses everything they have, steam was also at the forefront of the digital distribution revolution so deserve some credit, EA just really **** me off, if its not DRM it ripping content out of games and selling it back as DLC day one or removing controller support. The only problem I have with GOG is that they don't have a client like steam that manages all your purchases and updates etc.
#20TimePharaohPosted 8/29/2013 1:46:19 PM(edited)
Dirk85UK posted...
Why deprive yourself of good games, just because it isn't available on a DRM platform. lol

But Steam isn't a DRM platform, it's a store?

And people whine about "I don't like DD, what happens when Steam closes?" Well, what happens when all these small, terrible services run by terrible people close? You know...like GFWL? Oops, can't play those games online anymore (or at all who knows?)
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png