This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

3 way sli

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 3 way sli

User Info: Sergei_Dukanov

Sergei_Dukanov
3 years ago#1
is it even worth it? I just replaced my mobo with a 990 asrock extreme 9 and they gave me a sli and a triple sli bridge. Would the triple sli be even worth it? I mean, with costs and everything, it seems a bit much. But I at least I know I have the option tho.
" The capacity to learn is a gift;The ability to learn is a skill;The willingness to learn is a choice." Gamer Tag: XT356

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
3 years ago#2
The scaling isn't near as effective as it is in just a 2way, IIRC the third card barely adds 40%
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

Sergei_Dukanov
3 years ago#3
thats sort of what I deducted. So, what would be the benefit of it?
" The capacity to learn is a gift;The ability to learn is a skill;The willingness to learn is a choice." Gamer Tag: XT356

User Info: steveboblarry

steveboblarry
3 years ago#4
Its sexy
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy

Sergei_Dukanov
3 years ago#5
steveboblarry posted...
Its sexy

its debatable since I dont have a clear side window for my case.

User Info: gastaman

gastaman
3 years ago#6
Scaling will vary, based on the game. IMO, it won't be worth it for most people. For me, it's been worth every cent.
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200

Sergei_Dukanov
3 years ago#7
then what would be the nvidea equivalent of the 7970? I am used to amd cards and quite honestly a bit clueless about nvidea and want to give them a shot. It also supports 3 way crossfire. I think I may have hit something awesome with the new mobo.

User Info: gastaman

gastaman
3 years ago#8
GTX 770 would keep up with a 7970, I believe.
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 3 way sli

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived