This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I got the "Steam needs to be online" error...

#11LordryuTJ40(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 10:54:40 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Downgrade your OS?

That doesn't make any sense.

Ugh, this is turning into a joke topic; I'll close this topic in a bit.
---
"We're one! Independence means we die!" - Stewie Griffin
#12wildog2006Posted 8/27/2013 11:12:38 AM
Sidegrade your OS?

Or you could try parsing the digital SCSI array.
---
i7-3770k ~ EVGA GTX670 4GB ~ Intel DZ77GAL-70k ~ 8GB Corsair Vengeance ~ 180GB SSD + 1TB HDD ~ Corsair 850W PSU ~ Silverstone Redline
PSN/360/Steam ~ irysh9
#13Metroid_LoverPosted 8/27/2013 11:33:58 AM
Might be obvious but,

Is your computer online or offline at the moment?

If your offline, when you start steam it checks to see if you have an internet connection, and if not it prompts/asks if you want to be in off-line mode.

I've read some people have problem with the 'off-line mode' not working correctly.

The only other thing I can think of, is Steam got part of an update, but was interrupted/shutdown improperly and it needs to get the rest of that info/update hence the 'need to be on-line' error.

That's all I can think of, sorry if it wasn't much help, I tried ;)
---
Naked Courier (Skyrim): I've been looking for you. Got something I'm supposed to deliver. Your hands only...
#14LordryuTJ40(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 11:54:51 AM
Metroid_Lover posted...
Might be obvious but,

If your offline, when you start steam it checks to see if you have an internet connection, and if not it prompts/asks if you want to be in off-line mode.

I've read some people have problem with the 'off-line mode' not working correctly.

The only other thing I can think of, is Steam got part of an update, but was interrupted/shutdown improperly and it needs to get the rest of that info/update hence the 'need to be on-line' error.

Oh, well, it's online right now, but I can't get to offline mode.
---
#15LordryuTJ40(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 12:17:07 PM
LordryuTJ40 posted...
Metroid_Lover posted...
Might be obvious but,

Oh, well, it's online right now, but I can't get to offline mode.

My internet, I mean.
---
#16LordryuTJ40(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 2:25:56 PM(edited)
Update: I have gotten past the problem, and managed to log myself onto Steam successfully. As of now, I'm installing Source Filmmaker, so expect maybe some Source Filmmaker videos on my YouTube channel, under LordryuRevived.

All I did to avoid the error was log onto an alternate account on my Windows XP computer, and it got onto Steam without problems. I'll check if it will work on the main account for once later.
---
#17turbogoonPosted 8/27/2013 2:45:40 PM
LordryuTJ40 posted...
Update: I have gotten past the problem, and managed to log myself onto Steam successfully. As of now, I'm installing Source Filmmaker, so expect maybe some Source Filmmaker videos on my YouTube channel, under LordryuRevived.

All I did to avoid the error was log onto an alternate account on my Windows XP computer, and it got onto Steam without problems. I'll check if it will work on the main account for once later.

You probably have a piece of conflicting software or Malware on that xp account. I would watch your video but I only support YouTubers with an OS made this decade.