This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sarah Kerrigan or Sylvanas Windrunner("spoilers")

#1Sniperdog117Posted 8/27/2013 11:46:31 AM
Sarah Kerrigan or Sylvanas Windrunner - Results (30 votes)
Sarah Kerrigan
40% (12 votes)
Sylvanas Windrunner
60% (18 votes)
This poll is now closed.
These two are really similar if you think about. And while Kerrigan is MUCH more recognizable because she's pretty much the main character of StarCraft, you gotta admit-Sylvanas and her rise and working with the Horde is pretty cool lore.

And by really similar I mean:
Both by Blizzard
Both are female
Both use ranged weapons
Both fight against a race that turns those who die into them
Both are killed by those said races
Both are under control of those race's leader
Both are freed from that control, and then make the best of their new lives

Sure Kerrigan's Zerg causes a lot more trouble than the Forsaken, but the Forsaken building their own society and dealing with their race eventually dying out is more interesting than the Queen of Blades killing everything, but to each to their own.
#2PFGeraciPosted 8/27/2013 12:03:32 PM
Sylvanas is far more fleshed out since...WoW so that's major points.
---
I had bread, I had cheese, and I had an iron. What was I supposed to do?
#3YoungAdultLinkPosted 8/27/2013 12:30:33 PM
I'm not sure Kerrigan is more recognizable. Sure, she's the main character of Starcraft, but how many people play WoW? A good chunk of people who play Starcraft don't even touch the story and Sylvanis shows up a good few times in WoW. Or, at least, she did during WotLK.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#4DerPancakePosted 8/27/2013 12:35:26 PM
YoungAdultLink posted...
I'm not sure Kerrigan is more recognizable. Sure, she's the main character of Starcraft, but how many people play WoW? A good chunk of people who play Starcraft don't even touch the story and Sylvanis shows up a good few times in WoW. Or, at least, she did during WotLK.

Suprisingly she won a popularity contest...

http://www.gamespot.com/greatest-video-game-villain/standings/index.html
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#5The_AntiGrimPosted 8/27/2013 12:36:08 PM
i can't decide. I would wreck the **** out of both of them
---
Sidekick to the famous DarkHero
#6Sniperdog117(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 12:57:02 PM
DerPancake posted...
YoungAdultLink posted...

Suprisingly she won a popularity contest...

http://www.gamespot.com/greatest-video-game-villain/standings/index.html

Yeah, granted, that was Husky's help. To be honest, the only reason I think Sylvanas isn't as popular is because WoW players tend to not seem as interested in lore, at least when I was playing.

Not that SC players are too into lore either, but I feel like Kerrigan has such a presence in the story that no SC wouldn't recognize her. WoW just has some many great characters, while SC has like 3.