This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts on a decent Diablo 3 PC?

#1sinyxPosted 8/27/2013 2:16:27 PM
Not looking to beast Crysis 3, just want to play Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 on high settings.

Not looking to spend alot $400 at most.
---
Haters mean you're doing your job right.
GT and PSN: sinyx
#2TimePharaohPosted 8/27/2013 2:20:03 PM
Or you could just buy it for your PS3, it already sucks
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#3JKatarnPosted 8/27/2013 2:42:28 PM
TimePharaoh posted...

You know if you used the energy/time it takes to post your little quips on here for something productive, you'd probably be better off. Also, you'll notice TC mentioned he wanted to play SC2 as well, which is most certainly not available on PS3. TC - I would up the budget to $500, and even then you're going to have to make some sacrifices in component quality to hit that budget, and you might not be able to run every setting at "high" and have a decent framerate.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#4ShadowThaReaperPosted 8/27/2013 3:51:01 PM
JKatarn posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

You know if you used the energy/time it takes to post your little quips on here for something productive, you'd probably be better off. Also, you'll notice TC mentioned he wanted to play SC2 as well, which is most certainly not available on PS3. TC - I would up the budget to $500, and even then you're going to have to make some sacrifices in component quality to hit that budget, and you might not be able to run every setting at "high" and have a decent framerate.

Diablo 3 fanboy confirmed for mad as hell.
#5PhilOnDezPosted 8/27/2013 4:03:56 PM
You won't do it for 400, 500 is what it's going to take for SC2. Browse around on newegg, find a $350 ivy bridge i3 prebuilt, slap a $150 gpu in it. You won't be able to build it any cheaper yourself. An i5 would do better but you won't get that for 500, and you won't get 60 fps with even an 8350 so AMD is basically out of the question for that game in particular.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#6GreenMage7Posted 8/27/2013 4:09:33 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
You won't do it for 400, 500 is what it's going to take for SC2. Browse around on newegg, find a $350 ivy bridge i3 prebuilt, slap a $150 gpu in it. You won't be able to build it any cheaper yourself. An i5 would do better but you won't get that for 500, and you won't get 60 fps with even an 8350 so AMD is basically out of the question for that game in particular.

You do if you overclock but again you're not doing that on your budget so this is sound advice. If you get lucky and can find a low end i5 on sale though for around the same price then that is much better.
#7TimePharaohPosted 8/27/2013 5:07:31 PM(edited)
JKatarn posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

I like how my short post wasn't "productive" when it provides him with a better alternative, and his title says DIABLO 3 PC meaning you can clearly see which has the most importance.

And, ironically, your "productive" post is LESS productive than mine. If you had bothered to read (and comprehend his post) he said he wants to spend $400 at most. So, what's your "productive" response? "Hey man, pay more than that and you still might not be able to do what you want". So lets compare. My solution: costs him $50. Yours? $100...minimum....MORE than the $400 he wants to spend. Yea. Paragon of helpfulness right here.

Wow brah, you sure helped him and showed me. Keep up the good work.
---
#8Golden MavenPosted 8/27/2013 5:59:27 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
Browse around on newegg, find a $350 ivy bridge i3 prebuilt, slap a $150 gpu in it. You won't be able to build it any cheaper yourself.

Yes but you can prepare for a future upgrade when building yourself... Get an i3 today, maybe upgrade to an i7 a couple of years later...
#9Skul_Posted 8/27/2013 6:20:29 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
JKatarn posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

I like how my short post wasn't "productive" when it provides him with a better alternative, and his title says DIABLO 3 PC meaning you can clearly see which has the most importance.

And, ironically, your "productive" post is LESS productive than mine. If you had bothered to read (and comprehend his post) he said he wants to spend $400 at most. So, what's your "productive" response? "Hey man, pay more than that and you still might not be able to do what you want". So lets compare. My solution: costs him $50. Yours? $100...minimum....MORE than the $400 he wants to spend. Yea. Paragon of helpfulness right here.

Wow brah, you sure helped him and showed me. Keep up the good work.

If he doesn't have a PS3, then it costs him ~$300 and still doesn't do what he wants (SCII).
---
It's not like the buyer just swipes a credit card, puts the employees under their arm, bows, and walks out of Index HQ. - Kromlech06
#10TimePharaohPosted 8/27/2013 6:22:52 PM
Skul_ posted...

If he doesn't have a PS3, then it costs him ~$300 and still doesn't do what he wants (SCII).

He does have a PS3 that's the only reason I suggested it (look at his sig)
---