This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts on a decent Diablo 3 PC?

#11sinyx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 7:11:39 PM
Ok well $400 seems like pissing on a forest fire, so $500 and try for an i5. I was kinda lost on where to start.

Thanks for the input, I always get too extreme when building my rigs. I start at $600 and end up at $1700 and really not necessary for this.

As for the console suggestion, yea that would be the cheapest option but I own the Collectors PC edition. Plus I want Reaper of Souls and to play the Starcraft expansions. But good thought though.
---
Haters mean you're doing your job right.
GT and PSN: sinyx
#12KURRUPTORPosted 8/27/2013 8:57:29 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
JKatarn posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Or you could just buy it for your PS3, it already sucks

You know if you used the energy/time it takes to post your little quips on here for something productive, you'd probably be better off. Also, you'll notice TC mentioned he wanted to play SC2 as well, which is most certainly not available on PS3. TC - I would up the budget to $500, and even then you're going to have to make some sacrifices in component quality to hit that budget, and you might not be able to run every setting at "high" and have a decent framerate.

I like how my short post wasn't "productive" when it provides him with a better alternative, and his title says DIABLO 3 PC meaning you can clearly see which has the most importance.

And, ironically, your "productive" post is LESS productive than mine. If you had bothered to read (and comprehend his post) he said he wants to spend $400 at most. So, what's your "productive" response? "Hey man, pay more than that and you still might not be able to do what you want". So lets compare. My solution: costs him $50. Yours? $100...minimum....MORE than the $400 he wants to spend. Yea. Paragon of helpfulness right here.

Wow brah, you sure helped him and showed me. Keep up the good work.

Dude shut up, your post was much less productive. All it was was a blatant D3 bash. The guy wants a PC that plays SC2 and D3 and at least JK gave the man some solid advice for the question he asked rather than just ignoring the question completely. Telling someone that it's not really do-able for less that four hundred dollars is better than just totally ignoring the question asked... which is exactly what you did, just for the sake of bashing D3.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#13TimePharaohPosted 8/27/2013 9:01:31 PM
KURRUPTOR posted...

Dude shut up, your post was much less productive. All it was was a blatant D3 bash. The guy wants a PC that plays SC2 and D3 and at least JK gave the man some solid advice for the question he asked rather than just ignoring the question completely. Telling someone that it's not really do-able for less that four hundred dollars is better than just totally ignoring the question asked... which is exactly what you did, just for the sake of bashing D3.

No, a blatant D3 bash would be "don't bother". I told him a better way to do it. And, how exactly did I ignore the question? I told him how he should do it (a different way than he wanted), just like the other guy told him how he should do it (a different way than he wanted).

I'm sorry the fact that you like terrible games has riled you up, not my problem and doesn't somehow make my just as useful post less useful because you're upset.
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#14TimePharaohPosted 8/27/2013 9:05:51 PM(edited)
sinyx posted...
Ok well $400 seems like pissing on a forest fire, so $500 and try for an i5. I was kinda lost on where to start.

Thanks for the input, I always get too extreme when building my rigs. I start at $600 and end up at $1700 and really not necessary for this.

As for the console suggestion, yea that would be the cheapest option but I own the Collectors PC edition. Plus I want Reaper of Souls and to play the Starcraft expansions. But good thought though.

CPU is more important that anything for SC2. I'd aim for around a i5-3570(k if you want to overclock) but that's me. I'm not sure if you would max it, but you should be able to do high for both (and D3 is less intensive than SC2). $500-$600 is totally doable though
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#15The_AntiGrimPosted 8/27/2013 9:05:46 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
JKatarn posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Or you could just buy it for your PS3, it already sucks

You know if you used the energy/time it takes to post your little quips on here for something productive, you'd probably be better off. Also, you'll notice TC mentioned he wanted to play SC2 as well, which is most certainly not available on PS3. TC - I would up the budget to $500, and even then you're going to have to make some sacrifices in component quality to hit that budget, and you might not be able to run every setting at "high" and have a decent framerate.

Diablo 3 fanboy confirmed for mad as hell.

that was such a nice change of pace from "butthurt" and "rustled jimmies" that I think that is actually worth a "****ing got em"
---
Sidekick to the famous DarkHero
#16KURRUPTORPosted 8/27/2013 9:16:22 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
KURRUPTOR posted...

No, a blatant D3 bash would be "don't bother". I told him a better way to do it. And, how exactly did I ignore the question? I told him how he should do it (a different way than he wanted), just like the other guy told him how he should do it (a different way than he wanted).

I'm sorry the fact that you like terrible games has riled you up, not my problem and doesn't somehow make my just as useful post less useful because you're upset.

Wait... I like terrible games?! I'm kinda confused as I never once stated whether I like SC2 or D3, nor does that have anything to do with what I said (for the record I think D3 is a terrible game, but do enjoy SC2 very much... just in case you might still be confused about this).

My point was that waiting for the PS3 release of D3 is ignoring the question at hand since the OP clearly was asking about a PC that could run D3 and SC2. At least JK gave a reasonable answer of not really being able to build a PC capable of running these games at a 400 dollar budget, but that 500 would be quite do-able.

Also since your latest post it's kinda ironic that you suggested almost the exact same thing as the guy you were bashing earlier.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#17SlaynPosted 8/28/2013 3:24:32 AM
Why do people still not have that guy on ignore? I am sick of people arguing with him. Just put him on ignore FFS.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#18GreenMage7Posted 8/28/2013 3:28:32 AM
Slayn posted...
Why do people still not have that guy on ignore? I am sick of people arguing with him. Just put him on ignore FFS.

I never put anyone on ignore because I never like to discount point-of-views. That said I can't remember the last time I ever quoted, responded to, or agreed with a TimePharaoh post. Maybe chuckled once or twice.

Also, I think the TC found his starting point and has moved on. Good luck with your build and if you want anyone to give feedback on the final try to punch it into pcpartpicker.