This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you shut your computer off, if at all, and do you have a routine?

#1ajko000Posted 8/27/2013 4:12:00 PM
The night cometh, and I must depart into the land of dreams. I shut my computer off primarily to save power, we run on a weird electric system.

Anyway, I'll update Avast!, run a scan, then use CCleaner to clean out my registry and everything else, create a restore point, and head off to bed.

I almost never use the power button on my case to turn my computer off, I shut it down through Windows. Is it better to do it this way? I just hate how tedious it can become.
#2kingjosh1876Posted 8/27/2013 4:13:35 PM
Home -> Shut down = done.
---
psn:kingjosh1876
#3MyzeryPosted 8/27/2013 4:16:13 PM
i dont
---
If you kill a man, you're a murderer. If you kill many, you're a conqueror. If you kill them all, you're a god.
#4PhilOnDezPosted 8/27/2013 4:16:16 PM
I restart it whenever there's updates that require a restart or if it's just acting funny. That's about it really.

On my laptop (vista) there was an option to make the power button shut down the computer when you pressed it, no idea if that's an option for desktops since I've never had a reason to look.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#5alienated182Posted 8/27/2013 4:16:36 PM
Left click start, click turn off.
I dont understand why you've made yours so tedious, it really is as easy as above, avast autoupdates, CCcleaner shouldnt be required every time you turn it off (unless its a rare thing)
#6Bigj089Posted 8/27/2013 4:19:17 PM(edited)
Hit the Windows key on the keyboard then the power tile. No routine.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#7kobalobasileusPosted 8/27/2013 4:20:10 PM
ajko000 posted...
The night cometh, and I must depart into the land of dreams. I shut my computer off primarily to save power, we run on a weird electric system.

Anyway, I'll update Avast!, run a scan, then use CCleaner to clean out my registry and everything else, create a restore point, and head off to bed.

I almost never use the power button on my case to turn my computer off, I shut it down through Windows. Is it better to do it this way? I just hate how tedious it can become.

You do this EVERY night? Sounds like OCD...

Whatever happened to Start/Power/Shut Down?
#8VIP86Posted 8/27/2013 4:22:22 PM
Home, shutdown, and then put the dust cloth over. Then flip the switch on the power supply. Then flip the switch on the surge protector.
---
DESKTOP--i5-3570K| ASUS P8Z77-V| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 400R| INTEL 520 180GB| NOCTUA NH-D14| CORSAIR AX750
#9alienated182Posted 8/27/2013 4:24:13 PM
VIP86 posted...
Home, shutdown, and then put the dust cloth over. Then flip the switch on the power supply. Then flip the switch on the surge protector.

dont forget the breaker box!
#10ajko000(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 4:42:49 PM
kobalobasileus posted...
ajko000 posted...

You do this EVERY night? Sounds like OCD...

Whatever happened to Start/Power/Shut Down?

YAY! YOU WON! Yeah in all seriousness I actually have pretty aggressive OCD.