This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Skullgirls - worth it if you're not a pervert?

#1The_Pig_HostagePosted 8/27/2013 4:23:14 PM
I want a good 2D fighter, but this kinda looks like it was made for the hentai crowd...
#2DerPancakePosted 8/27/2013 4:24:40 PM
It felt like a combination of King of Fighters and Marvel vs Capcom.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#3spardasiegPosted 8/27/2013 4:30:39 PM
Best fighter since Guilty Gear if you ask me, I hate Hentai, look past the graphics, its a pretty amazing game.
---
My Photography and such: http://insidemyeyes.aminus3.com/ (I take pictures of unsuspecting people and inanimate objects for funsies mostly.)
#4JKatarnPosted 8/27/2013 4:46:24 PM
How is it hentai? Sure, the girls are supposed to be teenagers and some of the outfits are a bit skimpy, but it's hardly perverted, unless you associated anything with Japanese anime/that style with hentai, in which case nothing I can say will change your mind. I haven't played the game, but it looks like fun.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#5xxFierceFirexxPosted 8/27/2013 4:58:01 PM
Because a fighting game with anime female characters =/= Perverted and hentai

*Pure generalization
#6Cool_Dude667Posted 8/27/2013 4:58:15 PM
JKatarn posted...
How is it hentai? Sure, the girls are supposed to be teenagers and some of the outfits are a bit skimpy, but it's hardly perverted, unless you associated anything with Japanese anime/that style with hentai, in which case nothing I can say will change your mind. I haven't played the game, but it looks like fun.

Go look up skullgirls in newgrounds adult section
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#7xxFierceFirexxPosted 8/27/2013 5:01:49 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
JKatarn posted...

You expected a teddy bear in the adult section?
#8pfantzypantzPosted 8/27/2013 5:03:37 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
JKatarn posted...

You could say that about everything, rule34 after all.
#9MusashiExtraPosted 8/27/2013 5:10:29 PM
It has really tournament friendly button setup. Honestly, that's pretty big. Game is fairly easy to pick up. Thing is, the community is pretty bad (https://twitter.com/Skullgirls_irc/) and you usually don't get many people in locals or tourneys, so it's not really taken seriously. Game itself is worth the price, though. It's not really good or anything, but it's not a bad fighter.
---
The shining light in the darkness...
Isn't it awful... to have wings... and not know how to use them... | Tega.
#10DaedalusExPosted 8/27/2013 5:14:39 PM
The combos are too long, ruins the game IMO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flqmFsqPv4w#t=04m45s

Looks flashy, but it turns the versus mode into a single-player rhythm game after the first hit confirm. Not my thing, but if you liked MvC you'll find a lot to like in Skullgirls.