This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

windowblinds 8 really helps windows 8!!!

#1g_lethalPosted 8/27/2013 3:54:14 PM
just browsing around today & saw windowblinds was out for win8 so i tried it out.

It's just what i needed, my main issue with win8 wasnt the start screen it was how it was focused on powersaving, which lead to aero n glass being thrown out, win 8 didnt do shadowing at all it seemed and its basic color scheme is irritating

so for a person like me who has multiple windows open alot everything seemed to blend together, in my eyes it was a massive step backwards, its nice to have transparency, rounded edges & such back and sleeker colors to differentiate between windows, gives win8 a classier look to me, this pretty much can give a person windows7 graphical features or something else entirely and not that matte, dull default

im gonna run some games to see if it causes any conflicts, so far just on desktop with chrome and a movie running theres no glitches, if all goes well this will be a purchase for sure. just wanted to share
---
"Remember Me" is awesome
#2boochyPosted 8/27/2013 3:58:41 PM
Haven't used Windowblinds since like Windows XP, but I thought it was pretty cool back then that you could customize the way everything looked.
---
Xbox Live GT/PSN ID - Duck Tales LOL/DuckTalesLOL
Steam ID: DuckTalesLOL
#3g_lethal(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 4:02:15 PM
same here windows vista & 7 really cleaned up windows so i forgot about windowblinds, but after i installed 8 i looked for ways to "fix" it and went back to them, kinda sad i had to though, win8 just feels cheap on desktop to me
---
"Remember Me" is awesome
#4Golden MavenPosted 8/27/2013 5:04:30 PM
Any pics, TC?