This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will someone please help me with installing Windows 7 onto new HD?

#1binaryis101Posted 8/27/2013 5:38:11 PM
Ok so I am using a bootable flash drive with the Windows 7 ISO on it and I got as far as having to choose where to install windows to. I selected my brand new HD in my laptop and at first it started giving me some kind of error. I looked it up and I found it has something to do with "partitions" and a bunch of other crap I didn't know about. Well I clicked on a button on the install window that said "new" and clicked around a minute and then my HD disappeared from the list of install destinations altogether!

So I rebooted my laptop and tried again and this time the HD was back and I clicked on it and it went through the first step (something like "installing windows files") but then right after the next step (expanding windows files) got to 100% my computer rebooted and wanted me to start the installation process all over again like it never even started. What do I do? Please help! Thank you!
#2ShubPosted 8/27/2013 5:41:18 PM
Did you remove the USB flash drive? Try that and reboot the computer.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#3Madmicky933Posted 8/27/2013 5:41:42 PM
binaryis101 posted...
Ok so I am using a bootable flash drive with the Windows 7 ISO on it and I got as far as having to choose where to install windows to. I selected my brand new HD in my laptop and at first it started giving me some kind of error. I looked it up and I found it has something to do with "partitions" and a bunch of other crap I didn't know about. Well I clicked on a button on the install window that said "new" and clicked around a minute and then my HD disappeared from the list of install destinations altogether!

So I rebooted my laptop and tried again and this time the HD was back and I clicked on it and it went through the first step (something like "installing windows files") but then right after the next step (expanding windows files) got to 100% my computer rebooted and wanted me to start the installation process all over again like it never even started. What do I do? Please help! Thank you!

Just take the flashdrive out.
Boot your PC.
And it'll boot to Windows.
---
Karma... Is a powerful force..
#4binaryis101(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 6:33:07 PM
Oh... Lol darn Windows trolls.. They make you think something bad happened and stuff. Lol thanks a bunch guys!
#5Madmicky933Posted 8/27/2013 6:43:03 PM
Sometimes the answer is that easy, but we assume it's something much more haha

You're welcome, man.
---
Karma... Is a powerful force..