This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For anyone who knows anything about drivers, could really use your help!

#1binaryis101Posted 8/27/2013 6:32:27 PM
So I just put Windows 7 on my laptop (brand new HD last one crashed) and when trying to connect to the internet I get an error that the network adapter driver is missing. I opened up device manager and these are the drivers that are missing:

Ethernet Controller
Network Controller
PCI Simple Communications Controller
SM Bus Controller

here are two links I could find with drivers for my model:

http://support.toshiba.com/support/driversResults

http://www.helpjet.net/files-Toshiba-Satellite-C675-S7200.html

I have no idea what the right drivers are. if someone could help me find these 4 drivers I need I would be extremely grateful! Thank you!
#2AsellusPosted 8/27/2013 6:39:10 PM
System then chipset. Throw in the wireless one if you're trying to use that to connect of course. Once you can get online it's usually best to just let Windows Update find the rest.
#3binaryis101(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 9:06:17 PM
Crap.. So I put the drivers on my laptop and installed them and everything and then when I restarted my computer I am getting an error that says "Your computer was unable to start" and it has an endless looping loading bar that says "attempting repairs." What do I do? lol ugh maybe it's best if I stay away from the computer field of work altogether afterall.
#4gamer65926592Posted 8/27/2013 10:31:28 PM
Update (posting with other account): It finally stopped loading and fixed itself but now I still can't connect to the internet. It says it couldn't find any network hardware. If I can just fix it so that I can connect to the internet I think I'll be good!
---
"When I meet with world leaders, what's striking -- whether it's in Europe or here in Asia..." Obama mistakenly referring to Hawaii as Asia.
#5AsellusPosted 8/28/2013 1:37:59 AM
If you check the device manager is anything being flagged as having a problem? Are you trying to connect to the internet via ethernet or wireless?