This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

new to PC gaming. one complaint

#11USFPosted 8/28/2013 6:00:58 AM
I dunno man, keyboard and mouse just feels so natural for FPS games. I can't play console FPS games because of how much I enjoy playing them with a KB/M. Never really had issues with them.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Starcraft II: HoTS, Hearthstone (Beta), Team Fortress 2.
#12farigontiPosted 8/28/2013 6:08:51 AM
You'll get used to it and realize its potential. Play CS in some casual servers (non deathmatch) and you'll get better in no time.
---
FC= 3265-4867-8550
#13DragnfyrPosted 8/28/2013 6:14:15 AM
I played on consoles exclusively until I was 14 and had no problems adjusting to the keyboard and mouse.
---
MacBook Pro with Retina Display | 15.4" 2880x1800 | Core i7-3615QM @ 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | GT 650M 1GB GDDR5 | 256GB SSD | OSX 10.8.4 | Windows 8 Pro
#14SpacedDuckPosted 8/28/2013 6:17:47 AM
I find if I switch from PC gaming to console gaming even for a week or so and then go back to my PC the mouse is very weird to use at first.

After a couple of days it comes back and I'm sure you'll get used to it. You just need to find those perfect settings or if you're using a generic mouse you should purchase a proper gaming mouse and or keyboard.
---

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!
#15gsf4lyfePosted 8/28/2013 6:25:10 AM
I was a console gamer for my whole life and made the switch about a month ago. It was a little rough at first but I'm used to it now.
---
FX-6300 @ 4.3ghz | GTX 760 | 970 extreme3 | 8GB DDR3 1600
SteamID: gsf4lyfe
#161618dudePosted 8/28/2013 7:47:02 AM
I pretty much played solely on PC until I was 15 and when I decided to buy a console I didn't find hard to use the controller (well... I did play with a controller prior to that, but very rarely and the games weren't exactly hard). I don't understand why so many console gamers have trouble getting used to the kb/m setup. I suppose you should just keep trying. It's not really that hard and eventually you will get the hang of it. I hope you enjoy. Many games are way better, in my opinion, when using kb/m.
#17Flaktrooper123Posted 8/28/2013 8:03:03 AM
Get used to it. Learn to enjoy the speed and and accuracy of the mouse and the keyboard's customizability. Once you do, you will never wish to touch analog controls again, at least for RTS and FPS. I am not sure what is your problem, is it just not used to moving your arm around and having to lift the mouse sometimes, or just trouble finding the keys on the keyboard. Those are common problems for new PC users, but you will grow out of it.
#18SinisterSlayPosted 8/28/2013 8:26:19 AM
1618dude posted...
I pretty much played solely on PC until I was 15 and when I decided to buy a console I didn't find hard to use the controller (well... I did play with a controller prior to that, but very rarely and the games weren't exactly hard). I don't understand why so many console gamers have trouble getting used to the kb/m setup. I suppose you should just keep trying. It's not really that hard and eventually you will get the hang of it. I hope you enjoy. Many games are way better, in my opinion, when using kb/m.

I'm the same, I can't get used to controllers. Camera movement really annoys me and aiming seems impossible.
I don't even like controllers for racing unless they are very arcadey.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#19Killah PriestPosted 8/28/2013 8:28:20 AM
I adjust to whatever. Keyboards, Mice, Gamepads, whatever. As long as its not some wii-mote type motion control I'm good.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#20Cosmic_CoyotePosted 8/28/2013 8:46:31 AM
PC gaming is about choices

I always hear how amazing is KB+ Mouse for almost everything, specially FPS games, still I do enjoy sitting in front of my 50 Plasma in my living room with a Xbox 360 Controller in my hands instead of a Keybord + Mouse and I still do great on TF2, BLOPS2, etc...

I also use it to play Emulators, FFVII, Mortal Kombat 9, SFxT, SSFIV, Skull Girls, any platform game, etc...

However i do use my KB+ Mouse for games like Age of Empires / Mythologies / DOTA, etc... it just fits the genere

At the end of the road if you like KB + Mouse fine and is great you find it ok, but if not, use a Gamepad, nobody will judge you... personally I find the KB + Mouse to be terrible
---
"There is no knowledge that is not power"