This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Searching for space game title

#1Onimusha555Posted 8/28/2013 6:35:38 AM
Hi,

I'm searching for the name of a game I played a rather long time ago (say 4 to 6 years).
I can only recollect some key elements and story of the game (some things are vague) which are the following:

- Main character is a space merchant
- In the beginning of the game your ship gets destroyed by ?bountyhunters? and you are picked up by a woman which drops you off at a space station. In order to get back in business you get a small cargo/fighter ship from her. You then help a merchant deliver his goods to another space station which supports a mining colony.
- The way you make money in this game is that you buy goods from a certain space station and sell them at the station who will you give you the most credits for it. This way you can upgrade your ship or buy new ones. This also includes fighter ships.
- Apart from delivering goods you can also go on bountyhunting quests.

And that is all I can remember... It's not that much but I hope you guys can help me in the right direction maybe.

Thanks in advance
#2Ned_MandingoPosted 8/28/2013 6:37:13 AM
Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter?
---
You gotta pay the troll toll.
#3RequiemPosted 8/28/2013 6:55:25 AM
Wing Commander Privateer?
---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
#4SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/28/2013 7:04:21 AM
Darkstar One?
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#5SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/28/2013 7:05:05 AM
Requiem posted...
Wing Commander Privateer?

It's definitely not the first WCP, it may be the second one though.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#6El MagnificoPosted 8/28/2013 7:05:52 AM
My guess is probably Freelancer.
#7Hi CPosted 8/28/2013 7:06:02 AM
Sounds like Privateer 2.
---
You'll be my John G.
#8Onimusha555(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 9:22:18 AM
I looked up the games you guys gave me and El Magnifico found it.

Thanks for the tips and thanks to El Magnifico for the name!