This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

update on the guy who stole my ram and dedicated video memory

#1dioxxysPosted 8/28/2013 12:36:28 PM(edited)
this topic:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/67052357

So I called him and he swore they dont do "that kind of stuff" (aka stealing ram) and said its impossible to steal my dedicated vram because of it being soddered to the motherboard? but i definetly has 128 ded video memory before, which is now 64mb.

So they say theyll fix it again.

But I opened up the laptop and it looks as though there is only room for one ram card, meaning they would have had to replaced it, when it didnt need replacing. The only ram card i see in there even still has the stickers on it labeling it a DDR3 2gb card when it should be 4.

maybe one of you can educate me and show me pics of the difference between room for 1 slot and 2.

even if there is 2 and he "didnt" steal it, that stupidly careless to forget to put a whole ram card back in. And why did it have to be removed in the first place?
#2dioxxys(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 12:39:32 PM
also is this extra 2gb of ram added to my previous 2 going to keep the laptop from running so hard when im playing certain games? because it ever used to be this loud, and when i press down on the wasd keys when its running hard it will buzz even louder.
#3maybecallsPosted 8/28/2013 12:39:52 PM
Hmmm, are you sure it's actually the same computer?
#4PanopictonguyPosted 8/28/2013 12:40:59 PM
Turn your laptop on, goto the start menu.

Type in System Info at the bottom.

Tell me what it says next to System Type.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#5MasterDonGeroPosted 8/28/2013 12:51:15 PM
If the graphics are integrated on the mobo or CPU, the "dedicated video memory" is part of the RAM. A certain amount is set aside.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#6dioxxys(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 2:25:34 PM
MasterDonGero posted...
If the graphics are integrated on the mobo or CPU, the "dedicated video memory" is part of the RAM. A certain amount is set aside.

so this means it may be a different computer??

maybe you guys can help me find my old recommendation topic for pc games that werent graphically demanding.
I had spec sheets for my old laptop there. I know for sure i had 4gb ram but im unsure about the dedicated video ram. MY name would have been Deo_ViBritannia or Liquid_deoxxys or maybe just deoxxys.
#7dioxxys(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 2:26:04 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
Turn your laptop on, goto the start menu.

Type in System Info at the bottom.

Tell me what it says next to System Type.

ill do this as soon as I finish work
#8dioxxys(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 2:43:34 PM
maybecalls posted...
Hmmm, are you sure it's actually the same computer?

i think i might still have the box, i can maybe check the serial number
#9happyscrub1Posted 8/28/2013 2:48:42 PM
Never trust "That Guy"
---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg
#10happyscrub1Posted 8/28/2013 2:50:55 PM
dioxxys posted...

But I opened up the laptop and it looks as though there is only room for one ram card, meaning they would have had to replaced it, when it didnt need replacing. The only ram card i see in there even still has the stickers on it labeling it a DDR3 2gb card when it should be 4?

Dude, WTF!!!! You opened up your laptop to look at your ram and slots?!?! You just did over half the work it would of taken you to just pop in a new hard drive yourself!

/e facepalm
---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg