This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How has Dragons Dogma NOT been brought to PC yet? Did Capcom not see Dark Souls?

#21matu90rkPosted 8/29/2013 12:34:20 AM
I remember there was a survey made by Capcom asking gamers which of their franchises would they like to see ported to PC, and Dragon's Dogma was one of the choices.
#22dekouPosted 8/29/2013 2:44:33 AM
1) Make a game heavily inspired by WRPGs
2) Make it so intensive graphically it barely runs on consoles
3) Don't publish a PC version
4) Hey, we're Capcom!

Broccoli92 posted...
Z2488 posted...
Reaper_Minion posted...
And they are good at making PC ports, too. Pretty sad.

True. All their recent(newer than RE4 and DMC3) PC games have excellent ports, even if the games themselves weren't so great. People would buy the game.

Except for DmC and Lost Planet 3 which are not made by Capcom. Revelations is a good port though. Too bad their support just sucks. I made a bug report ages ago for RE Revelations. Till now i didn't receive an answer for it yet :/

Don't know about LP3, but DmC's port was excellent IMO. It even worked surprisingly well with M+KB.
#23jessica73Posted 8/29/2013 2:45:57 AM
ElDudorino posted...
Dragon's Dogma on the PC... just imagine, it might not be chock full of dropped frames!!!!

It would give me an excuse to get Dark Arisen, too. I DO want to play it but Hell if I'm buying the same game twice.

Then again, it's not like I buy any Capcom games brand-new anyway. I haven't given them a dime in years. They don't deserve my money, even on the occasion that they make a game I want to play.

or no butt ugly textures. a real resolution too!

I got dd used about a week after it dropped, got dark arisen day 1. would unashamedly day 1 a pc port too lol. dragon's dogma is an awesome game, hindered greatly by the 360/ps3
---
http://i.imgur.com/1XJz6.gif
^__^