This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone gotten the steam version of Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle) to run?

#1PhilOnDezPosted 8/28/2013 7:09:50 PM
Bought the game with the DLC a while back when it was on sale and I've gotten the itch to play it a few times since then but it's never worked. I always google it and find some people who had the problem but usually there's no fix offered, and the few I've found didn't work.

The problem is that the game stops responding immediately after the Sega splash screen. I've done every basic fix I can think of shy of reinstalling (I did verify the game though and it passed). Xp compatibility mode, admin, restarts, windowed mode, vsync on and off, etc etc. In fact, the best luck I had was the first time I tried to play, I just set it to 1080p and launched, it made it a few seconds in to the opening movie before not responding.

Specs: 3570k@4.4, 670@stock with most recent full release drivers, 8gb ram, windows 7 64 bit.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#2GreenMage7Posted 8/28/2013 7:23:00 PM
I tend to use multiple search engines to find things. Did you already try the steps listed in this here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/213610/discussions/0/846938350589831838/

Also, after making any changes I always delete the appcache folder in Steam and restart it.
#3bluemooglePosted 8/28/2013 7:29:01 PM
Just to clarify, are you running the game as admin mode or Steam as an ad,in? I suggest doing both if you're not already. I fixed a few games by running Steam as an admin.
---
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
#4PhilOnDez(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 7:44:17 PM
I tried running the launcher as admin, and I'm like 99% sure I run steam as admin but I'll double check on that.

Seems like I've done most of the stuff recommended in that thread aside from making a keyboard file (I set it up with a controller) and the thing about renaming files to skip the launcher. I did just try to directly launch the game though which didn't work, I'll try renaming though and see what happens.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#5MasterDonGeroPosted 8/28/2013 8:11:34 PM
Yeah. I downloaded it, installed it, adjusted settings, and played it. Going on 156 emblems.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#6PhilOnDez(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 8:16:16 PM
Apparently running steam as admin did the trick, can't believe it was that simple after as much trouble as it's given me. Thanks all.
---