This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone who uses there PC as there main platform getting a PS4?

#21SteamsterPosted 8/28/2013 11:58:21 PM
If I do it won't be until they're cheap as hell and I can pick up all the Greatest Hits and Ultimate Editions of games I want.

I'm probably going to buy a Wii U relatively soon though.
#22RolloverBouncinPosted 8/29/2013 12:32:13 AM
Will eventually get it at 2018, 4 years after release when it's cheaper and most likely from eBay like I did with my ps3.
---
Only two console brands on the market: Nintendo and Xboxstation. There used to be three, but sadly the PlayStation identity died with the PS2.
- Emerald_Melios
#23petran78Posted 8/29/2013 1:19:58 AM
i dont think i'll get a console where i'll be bored of 90 % of their games.
I'll be fine with the pc.
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#24QuittoPosted 8/29/2013 1:31:30 AM
Gonna get a PS4, so i dont have to think about buying a new computer in atleast 2 more years.
---
XBL: Don Quitto / PSN: DonQuitto / NNID: Quitto
#25greywolf00Posted 8/29/2013 1:40:41 AM
Yes. I love RPGs and last gen those were released in droves on the PS 3 (which I spurned for the 360), where the 360 only got a handful of stuff, and only a couple of any real quality.
#26KabtheMentatPosted 8/29/2013 3:23:32 AM
SavageDonzilla posted...
Yep. I know if I want to play JRPGs I am going to need to get a PS4. Just not enough of them on PC for me. But I also plan on getting an Xbone. I'm that kind of gamer that when I see an ad for a game, I don't want to find out it's on a system I don't have. Much rather see a game and if I want to play it, know I can.

I wouldn't bet on it. JRPG makers are fairly low budget developers nowadays. Final Fantasy games are a rarity in being AAA JRPG releases. Developing on the PS3 was expensive as hell up until recently, which is why we got a large influx (of pretty bad IMO) JRPGs towards the end of the gen's lifecycle. Developing for a brand new consoles, while suppose to be much easier, isn't going to be any cheaper. JRPG devs/publishers just don't have that kind of money to throw around.

The reason we got high profile JRPGs early on for the 360 was mostly because MS threw money at people to make them. When they didn't sell as well as they did in the previous gen, they stopped that. Then MS found the 360's niche with shooters and Western RPGs.

Anyway, point being is if you really want something to play JRPGs, get a 3DS. Or maybe even a Vita if you're really into them and want to waste lots of money.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Hey whassup, it's ya boy Cowboy, AKA Too Young...to be havin' diabetes.
#27Bossdog421Posted 8/29/2013 5:39:15 AM
If they wouldn't have gravitated to pay to play online service i would have.

I'll stick with PC, Wiiu, and handhelds this gen.
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#28SinisterSlayPosted 8/29/2013 5:40:57 AM
Nope, not enough games I want to justify lugging that huge thing around.

Easier to just PC game on whatever PC I have available since most integrated chips are powerful enough for semi modern games at low settings.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#29Ch3wyPosted 8/29/2013 5:41:00 AM
RolloverBouncin posted...
Will eventually get it at 2018, 4 years after release when it's cheaper and most likely from eBay like I did with my ps3.

Same here.

It'll probably take a couple years after that before they start releasing some decent exclusives as well.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#302Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 8/29/2013 5:43:22 AM
I will unless FFXV and KH3 are released on the PC
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542