This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is a multi-platform game that is

#1jfloydLunarPosted 8/28/2013 10:35:38 PM
Arguable better for systems other than the PC?

All we hear about is how much better a game runs on PC.

As far as I have noticed, it is true for most games I have now played on PC, the modding community also increases that tenfold.

So if there is a game you know of that runs better for PS3/Xbox 360, etc. put it down here.

Thanks.
---
Currently playing Lunar: Dragon Song, Xenoblade Chronicles, and BioShock Infinite.
#2DerPancakePosted 8/28/2013 10:38:32 PM(edited)
FIFA on Ps3, its not better, but its the version to buy.
---
Nope Nope Nope!!!!
#3jfloydLunar(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 10:38:06 PM
How so? I never played a FIFA game at all.
---
Currently playing Lunar: Dragon Song, Xenoblade Chronicles, and BioShock Infinite.
#4DerPancakePosted 8/28/2013 10:40:08 PM(edited)
jfloydLunar posted...
How so? I never played a FIFA game at all.

The Ps3 version is the only version you can play for real money.
---
Nope Nope Nope!!!!
#5jfloydLunar(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 10:42:58 PM
Huh, obviously did not know that, that's actually interesting.
---
#6PhilOnDezPosted 8/28/2013 11:08:15 PM(edited)
Dead Space, Saints Row 2, Bioshock 2, and the upcoming Diablo 3 ports so long as they run ok.

E: actually, aside from maybe SR2, these don't actually run better on consoles, they just play better or don't have crippling, game breaking flaws. Dead Space is the epitome of botched ports, literally 2 minutes of gameplay would have revealed 2 game breaking bugs, it had to have had 0 play testing.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#7YoungAdultLinkPosted 8/28/2013 11:20:21 PM
A lot of older ports. DMC3 is better on PS2, the PC version of older fighting games tend to be pretty bad compared to the dreamcast or PS2 versions, SR2 has a bunch of game-breaking bugs on PC and lacks support for the 4th and 5th buttons on a mouse, and if you just play it with a controller, it still shows keyboard prompts on screen.

DarkSouls isn't better on consoles, but without DSFix they're identical.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#8jfloydLunar(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 11:32:02 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
Dead Space, Saints Row 2, Bioshock 2, and the upcoming Diablo 3 ports so long as they run ok.

E: actually, aside from maybe SR2, these don't actually run better on consoles, they just play better or don't have crippling, game breaking flaws. Dead Space is the epitome of botched ports, literally 2 minutes of gameplay would have revealed 2 game breaking bugs, it had to have had 0 play testing.

I have the Origin version of Dead Space.

Does it have the game breaking bugs in it or did they fix it?

Haven't played it yet.
---
#9Flaktrooper123Posted 8/29/2013 1:19:29 AM
As a rule of thumb, you generally can't beat PC if it is a game that originally started as multi platform, most of the current AAA games are these.

However, the opposite can be said about games that has been ported from consoles. Sometimes it is just incompatible and the devs didn't have time to iron out the bugs that came out due to the porting, and the game's graphics is limited to the console version of the game and thus will not give the PC its potential. GTA 4 is one such game from what I heard.
#10claytonbuckleyPosted 8/29/2013 2:13:07 AM
Generally most fighting games are better on consoles.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/somonah/