This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any input on these parts?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any input on these parts?
2 years ago#1
Hey guys,

Quick input on the following parts? (Already have the rest of my build picked out/storage drives and such )

MSI Z87-GD65/45
MSI Geforce GTX 770/ Radeon HD 7970
Intel Core i5-4670K (Will be overclocking using the OCGenie on the board )
Kingston SSD 120GB SSD

Few quick points/questions

Looking to build this end of October.

Looking to spend max of $1100 on these parts and will be using Canadacomputers.com. (That's $970 before tax ) Don't worry about shipping as I will be picking the parts up in person. If the site is down ( 70% of the time ) then please use Tigerdirect.ca for a rough price range.

Any major difference between those two mboard models? As far as I can tell the only difference is the inclusion of a 3rd PCI-E 16X and 2 extra SATA headers. (Counting the SSD, current HDD's and Optical Drive I will have 7 drives; but I can turn my 500GB into an external drive if the price/value for the 45 is better)

I've narrowed it down to one of the above GPU's. Would it be better to get a single card or two 760's/9750's and SLI/Crossfire them? This is for very demanding GFX, VFX, Video Rendering/editing and gaming. ( A Quadro/Firepro wasn't in the budget )

Keeping everything Red/black themed for a contest with my friends and for aesthetic purposes. (Matches my case led/colors and RAM )

Might pick up a Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular TX750M this week ( It's on sale for $90.00 ) What are your thought on the supply? ( My cabling skills are fantastic ( ie piss poor) hence why I prefer modular )

A name for the computer. Open to any suggestions you guys throw at me.

Prior builds have been named;

Executor
Hexcadecimal
Alasmexia
Morgana
MatrixDragon
Saphira
Alasmexia
Dovahtim

( If you can guess the origin of all of those names and I end up using the name you suggested; then contact me during the next steam Sale ( Christmas preferably ) and I'll gift you one game on your wishlist. )

Apologies in advance for the spelling/grammar; my droid does a piss poor job of that.

Thanks for any help guys.
---
Until you can stop death herself, I will ignore you like I would the ants beneath my feet
2 years ago#2
Get a single powerful card now. Wait until the price drops further or a big sale then buy a second one for SLI/Crossfire
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
2 years ago#3
Panopictonguy posted...
Get a single powerful card now. Wait until the price drops further or a big sale then buy a second one for SLI/Crossfire

Awesome; I was thinking of going this route.

Thanks for the input.
---
Until you can stop death herself, I will ignore you like I would the ants beneath my feet
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any input on these parts?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived