This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any input on these parts?

#1dakondakbladePosted 8/29/2013 1:45:46 AM
Hey guys,

Quick input on the following parts? (Already have the rest of my build picked out/storage drives and such )

MSI Z87-GD65/45
MSI Geforce GTX 770/ Radeon HD 7970
Intel Core i5-4670K (Will be overclocking using the OCGenie on the board )
Kingston SSD 120GB SSD

Few quick points/questions

Looking to build this end of October.

Looking to spend max of $1100 on these parts and will be using Canadacomputers.com. (That's $970 before tax ) Don't worry about shipping as I will be picking the parts up in person. If the site is down ( 70% of the time ) then please use Tigerdirect.ca for a rough price range.

Any major difference between those two mboard models? As far as I can tell the only difference is the inclusion of a 3rd PCI-E 16X and 2 extra SATA headers. (Counting the SSD, current HDD's and Optical Drive I will have 7 drives; but I can turn my 500GB into an external drive if the price/value for the 45 is better)

I've narrowed it down to one of the above GPU's. Would it be better to get a single card or two 760's/9750's and SLI/Crossfire them? This is for very demanding GFX, VFX, Video Rendering/editing and gaming. ( A Quadro/Firepro wasn't in the budget )

Keeping everything Red/black themed for a contest with my friends and for aesthetic purposes. (Matches my case led/colors and RAM )

Might pick up a Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular TX750M this week ( It's on sale for $90.00 ) What are your thought on the supply? ( My cabling skills are fantastic ( ie piss poor) hence why I prefer modular )

A name for the computer. Open to any suggestions you guys throw at me.

Prior builds have been named;

Executor
Hexcadecimal
Alasmexia
Morgana
MatrixDragon
Saphira
Alasmexia
Dovahtim

( If you can guess the origin of all of those names and I end up using the name you suggested; then contact me during the next steam Sale ( Christmas preferably ) and I'll gift you one game on your wishlist. )

Apologies in advance for the spelling/grammar; my droid does a piss poor job of that.

Thanks for any help guys.
---
Until you can stop death herself, I will ignore you like I would the ants beneath my feet
#2PanopictonguyPosted 8/29/2013 2:22:34 AM
Get a single powerful card now. Wait until the price drops further or a big sale then buy a second one for SLI/Crossfire
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#3dakondakblade(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 8:58:34 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
Get a single powerful card now. Wait until the price drops further or a big sale then buy a second one for SLI/Crossfire

Awesome; I was thinking of going this route.

Thanks for the input.
---
Until you can stop death herself, I will ignore you like I would the ants beneath my feet